What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to Change Auto Fill Email Address

Slider9499

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Went to Settings ---> Safari ----> AutoFill ---> My Info and confirmed that my email is listed correctly, which it is

Each time I go to an online form and try to use the AutoFill button it always enters my old email address and not my current email address.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Slider

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you tried turning off AutoFill, Names and Passwords or Clear All?

Pommier

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry, I should have been more explicit. Do Safari, AutoFill, Names and Passwords - try turning this off. Also, just below Names and Passwords, you can try Clear All.

Rosyv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Autofill

Went to Settings ---> Safari ----> AutoFill ---> My Info and confirmed that my email is listed correctly, which it is

Each time I go to an online form and try to use the AutoFill button it always enters my old email address and not my current email address.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Slider

Open up your contacts folder, select your name, then click edit and change it. Obtuse isnt it?

maryjune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm having a problem when using auto fill . It fills in my Facebook email. I've tried editing my contact info by filling in my email but the screen reverts back to the Facebook address when I'm done. I've tried to click on the fb email while editing but I can't. Thanks for your help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In Settings > Safari there are some auto-fill options. With Use Contact Info ON you select a Contact using My Info.

You can either edit that contact in Contacts, trying to make your primary information the first in each category (email, address, etc.) or you can create a contact with only the info you want, and point Safari at that contact instead.

I recommend the second approach. It's just simpler.

gllund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I used the second method awhile ago and works perfectly. I just added new on tract with the proper email and used that in safari.

Gord

gllund

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gllund said:
I used the second method awhile ago and works perfectly. I just added new on tract with the proper email and used that in safari.

Gord

Should read "new contact"

tell30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently looking into purchasing an iPad. I have an iPhone 4S. And an iPod 5. Should I go with the mini or an ipad 2 or 3. Wts the difference? Thanks

maryjune

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally fixed my autofill problems which were only filling in my name and incorrect email address by turning on autofill on my iPhone as well as iPad. Now it works! Hope this helps others.

Most reactions

Latest posts