What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

unable access mail after open attachment

Leilanilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to iPad 2, and it is my first Apple/MAC device. I've downloaded the PDF support document but can't find answer to this problem. (BTW, I found that loading to Books app provides most efficient access to support doc.)
Problem: I sent an excel spreadsheet from Windows 7 laptop to iPad via Yahoo mail. I was happy to see I could open it, but now it won't go away! I must have chosen an application with which to open, but don't remember what it was. I've clicked here and there on the spreadsheet but find no way to close it. I can't view my mail. My daughter has told me that MAC folks are very eager to help out, so I'm throwing myself on your mercy. Thank you so much for any help!
Leilani

OP
L

Leilanilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Problem with attachment mainly solved

Hi, I kept fooling around with the attachment screen and finally a "Done" button popped up-left upper screen -clicked on it and attach. closed! Any suggestions on accessing the Find button if occurs again? Thanks

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
While you are viewing the attachment, touching the center of the screen is what brings up that blue "Done" button in the left corner. This works no matter what type of attachment you are viewing (photos, documents, etc.). Pressing it will always bring you back to your e-mail.

I am unsure what you mean by/are calling the Find button... Can you explain more of what you mean?

Thanks.

Marilyn

OP
L

Leilanilea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Marilyn, thank you

Thank you for your help!
"Find" was a Senior Moment out of who knows where--I meant "Done"
:) Leilani

Most reactions