Ultimate List of Jailbreak Tweaks

Discussion in 'Jailbreak Applications & Tweaks' started by f4780y, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,017 / 0
    Have you given consideration to upgrading to iOS 5.1.1. Granted, I have and iPad3, but I had (have) no problems with Action Menu Plus Pack, Gridlock, Folder Enhancer and Springtomize 2.

I realize that anecdotes aren't data, but maybe your iPad2 will work better on iOS 5.1.1. I've heard it's more stable than iOS 5.0.1. Just a thought...

Marilyn

2. yof

yof iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    What anecdotes aren't data? I don't understand that. Maybe my iPad will work better on iOS 5.1.1 but I can't download it atm because I'm overseas on a deployment and have limited ability to upgrade. I hope it's more stable. I'll have to wait and see. Download speeds here are like dial-up. Yeah Action Menu (does work great), but with Action Menu Plus, it lags and glitches with the options given. Off topic: Can't wait for iOS 6 though! I also noticed that with low ram, the tweaks does not perform well and start acting up.

3. fre_ber

fre_ber iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Since people ask for apps and tweaks here I will do the same. I am looking for a tweak that enables me to specify a different email notification sound for each of my contacts. In particular, I want no sound for most emails but if they are from certain email accounts I want to be notified by a sound. "Mail Enhancer Pro" appears to be able to do this, but with all the other features it has it seems a bit like overkill.

Is there something that will do this? Can anyone confirm that Mail Enhancer Pro can do what I want?

Edit: I found additional information about Mail Enhancer Pro that confirmed what I wanted to know. I purchased and installed. Looks good so far.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  4. lovexmadxevil

lovexmadxevil iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I don't know how long it took me to read all of this thread but I am sure I've forgotten most of it lol. A quick question, is there a tweak for a black keyboard for ios5.1.1? The one listed above is for ios4 and cydia confirms it won't work with 5... Any ideas? Otherwise I will have to be a patient little bunny :)

5. tonyz3

tonyz3 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Color keyboard works and has a variety of diff colors. Iam using black rt now. Also works with ikeywi.

6. txteevee

txteevee iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have 5.1.1 and am using the black keyboard RIGHT NOW :) maybe I'm not supposed to be able to but..l downloaded the black keyboard from cydia under the tweaks section - not themes! You can also use the search feature to find the right now.

7. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    Last time I tried it, it wasn't that it didn't work at all, it's that it doesn't work everywhere. Also, it doesn't play well with other keyboard tweaks if memory serves.

Does your keyboard stay black in all applications no matter what?

8. Troubleina

Troubleina iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I used five-column springboard. Works great for me!!

9. lovexmadxevil

lovexmadxevil iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just tried it and I now have a black keyboard... If I have any trouble I'll report back :)

10. lovexmadxevil

lovexmadxevil iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok... First problem... Keyboard in the emails and forum is black... If I go into cydia, it's good ol grey.

11. f4780y

f4780y Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +636 / 0
    Cydia automatically turns off tweaks which use mobile substrate. This is to prevent conflicts when updating packages. It is perfectly normal.

• Like Like x 1
  12. lovexmadxevil

lovexmadxevil iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That just flew straight over my head... I'll just pretend I know what that means :) lol

13. lovexmadxevil

lovexmadxevil iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Quick question for the winter board users, I've downloaded it today and I'm looking for various themes but they all say that the summerboard version needs to be turned on, does this make the iPad run slower/drain battery? Ive seen people mention it before but given the amount of themes that require it, i would have thought if it was as much of a problem, there would be more themes without it.... Or am I just not looking in the right places :)

14. Poser

Poser iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Scrollingboard should be the best option.....and dude was speaking about dock.
    Springtomize 2 for icons on springboard, sizing etc....

15. Malikor

Malikor iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So what's the difference between WinterBoard and SpringBoard and other such tweaks? Which one is best? I've only ever tried WinterBoard but I heard others were better.