What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ultimate List of Jailbreak Tweaks

yof

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you given consideration to upgrading to iOS 5.1.1. Granted, I have and iPad3, but I had (have) no problems with Action Menu Plus Pack, Gridlock, Folder Enhancer and Springtomize 2.

I realize that anecdotes aren't data, but maybe your iPad2 will work better on iOS 5.1.1. I've heard it's more stable than iOS 5.0.1. Just a thought...

Marilyn

What anecdotes aren't data? I don't understand that. Maybe my iPad will work better on iOS 5.1.1 but I can't download it atm because I'm overseas on a deployment and have limited ability to upgrade. I hope it's more stable. I'll have to wait and see. Download speeds here are like dial-up. Yeah Action Menu (does work great), but with Action Menu Plus, it lags and glitches with the options given. Off topic: Can't wait for iOS 6 though! I also noticed that with low ram, the tweaks does not perform well and start acting up.

fre_ber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since people ask for apps and tweaks here I will do the same. I am looking for a tweak that enables me to specify a different email notification sound for each of my contacts. In particular, I want no sound for most emails but if they are from certain email accounts I want to be notified by a sound. "Mail Enhancer Pro" appears to be able to do this, but with all the other features it has it seems a bit like overkill.

Is there something that will do this? Can anyone confirm that Mail Enhancer Pro can do what I want?

Edit: I found additional information about Mail Enhancer Pro that confirmed what I wanted to know. I purchased and installed. Looks good so far.

Last edited:

lovexmadxevil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know how long it took me to read all of this thread but I am sure I've forgotten most of it lol. A quick question, is there a tweak for a black keyboard for ios5.1.1? The one listed above is for ios4 and cydia confirms it won't work with 5... Any ideas? Otherwise I will have to be a patient little bunny :)

tonyz3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Color keyboard works and has a variety of diff colors. Iam using black rt now. Also works with ikeywi.

txteevee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.filmandmediaent.com
lovexmadxevil said:
I don't know how long it took me to read all of this thread but I am sure I've forgotten most of it lol. A quick question, is there a tweak for a black keyboard for ios5.1.1? The one listed above is for ios4 and cydia confirms it won't work with 5... Any ideas? Otherwise I will have to be a patient little bunny :)

I have 5.1.1 and am using the black keyboard RIGHT NOW :) maybe I'm not supposed to be able to but..l downloaded the black keyboard from cydia under the tweaks section - not themes! You can also use the search feature to find the right now.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have 5.1.1 and am using the black keyboard RIGHT NOW :) maybe I'm not supposed to be able to but..l downloaded the black keyboard from cydia under the tweaks section - not themes! You can also use the search feature to find the right now.

Last time I tried it, it wasn't that it didn't work at all, it's that it doesn't work everywhere. Also, it doesn't play well with other keyboard tweaks if memory serves.

Does your keyboard stay black in all applications no matter what?

lovexmadxevil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
txteevee said:

I just tried it and I now have a black keyboard... If I have any trouble I'll report back :)

lovexmadxevil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lovexmadxevil said:
I just tried it and I now have a black keyboard... If I have any trouble I'll report back :)

Ok... First problem... Keyboard in the emails and forum is black... If I go into cydia, it's good ol grey.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok... First problem... Keyboard in the emails and forum is black... If I go into cydia, it's good ol grey.

Cydia automatically turns off tweaks which use mobile substrate. This is to prevent conflicts when updating packages. It is perfectly normal.

lovexmadxevil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Cydia automatically turns off tweaks which use mobile substrate. This is to prevent conflicts when updating packages. It is perfectly normal.

That just flew straight over my head... I'll just pretend I know what that means :) lol

lovexmadxevil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question for the winter board users, I've downloaded it today and I'm looking for various themes but they all say that the summerboard version needs to be turned on, does this make the iPad run slower/drain battery? Ive seen people mention it before but given the amount of themes that require it, i would have thought if it was as much of a problem, there would be more themes without it.... Or am I just not looking in the right places :)

Malikor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what's the difference between WinterBoard and SpringBoard and other such tweaks? Which one is best? I've only ever tried WinterBoard but I heard others were better.

lovexmadxevil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PocketAppZ said:
So what's the difference between WinterBoard and SpringBoard and other such tweaks? Which one is best? I've only ever tried WinterBoard but I heard others were better.

At the moment I'm not liking either of them... All the winterboard themes I seem to like it says that they're waiting for the developer to confirm whether it's able to run on my current version of ios and dreamboard freezes on me when I'm trying to choose the Endroid theme that comes with it.... When you choose the stock theme in dreamboard it changes just fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts