What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK - what 3G network is best value?

sutty0000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I'm new so please bear with me :)
I see T-Mobile are doing an iPhone 4 PAYG sim for £5 + £10 top up and you get 12 months free internet at 500mb month. It says at the bottom of the page that it is not for use in iPad but surely a change in APN settings would work? Can anybody verify please if they have it or know more. It will be for an iPad 2 btw if that makes a difference

Thanks

Last edited:

ipadjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For built in, I have found Verizon to be in central florida. Also Verizon gives my work unlimited for 39.99. I'm thinking of dropping the in built one and just going with the 4g mifi. They also give us unlimited 4G for the same price. I just hate having to carry two devices.

AT&T was a pain and gave no deals or breaks. Not to mention they kept changing their story regarding pricing for us. And then said at the very end they never even talked about internet on the ipad. Girl was an idiot.

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm with t-mobile contract for my iPad 2 £25 a month and I get unlimited browsing and 1GB of data a month and 1GB of data quiet time for using in the early hours. Which I won't really use the data allowance if I'm in the house cos I will switch to wifi to download and upload, will only use that if I'm out and about.

lesleyanne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
having now got an i pad have been having highs and lows thinking I can and then can't do the things I want with the I pad. Having gone to Apple store to ask how I teether my I pod or have a hot spot, only to be told can't teether and only o2 for hot spot!! Well I phoned 3 who I belong to and asked do they subscribe to hot spot? To my delight they do and talked me through it, as I have an I phone and one plan (all you can eat internet) I can now use my unlimited allowance on my i pad, there you go 3 you win again, thought they were good to allow tethering, hot spot at no extra charge, what more can I say!

Mjhudston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
for me it's VodaFone, simply because they have the best 3G coverage in the UK

Sent from my iPad using iPF -- it's a cool app!

littlesue73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've just used my iPad 2 3G T-mobile out in a restaurant and was very impressed, uploaded a few photos to Facebook and it was pretty quick.

lydiamight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
T-Mobile £20 for six months internet worked for me. I don't think T-Mobile are too keen on you using this package for an Ipad so I told them that it was for an Iphone4---this means that they will give you a micro-sim and you don't have to worry about cutting a standard size sim down is size. While you are in the store ask then for a free micro-sim to standard sim adaptor---you need this to put the sim in a normal phone to be able to send the activating text message.

You will get a free sim from any T-Mobile store if you top it up with £20 when you purchase it. Tried texting the 6MONTHWEB message to T-Mobile but couldn't get any response.

Went back to the store and they were really helpful in getting things sorted. All now works perfectly, and strangely enough my phone still shows that I have £20 credit left. Not complaining though.

Harters

iPF Noob
Reaction score
lydiamight said:
T-Mobile £20 for six months internet worked for me. I don't think T-Mobile are too keen on you using this package for an Ipad so I told them that it was for an Iphone4---this means that they will give you a micro-sim and you don't have to worry about cutting a standard size sim down is size. While you are in the store ask then for a free micro-sim to standard sim adaptor---you need this to put the sim in a normal phone to be able to send the activating text message.

You will get a free sim from any T-Mobile store if you top it up with £20 when you purchase it. Tried texting the 6MONTHWEB message to T-Mobile but couldn't get any response.

Went back to the store and they were really helpful in getting things sorted. All now works perfectly, and strangely enough my phone still shows that I have £20 credit left. Not complaining though.

I have used this offer since March and it works a treat. My text for the booster worked ok too. :)

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts