What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UK evening standard article on LACK OF TEXTING WHEN OVERSEAS

cultman1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
O dear!
The London Evening Standard has written a gloomy article in the Tuesday edition 15 June saying in a nutshell I PAD OWNERS taking their IPADS ON HOLIDAY will be unable to connect their I PADS while on holiday in Europe whilst using the3g Network due to European legal requirments to send customers a text message when they enter a foreign country to warn them of the increased cost of using a mobile phone overseas. 02 for example doesnt allow for roaming as the sim card isnt capable of allowing for roaming overseas.
A VERY SORRY STATE OF AFFAIRS.
Will my IPAD work for ALL of the above using the free WIFI available at the hotel?
Answers please...
Thanks

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Wifi should work anywhere as long as your getting a signal ..i use my Wifi only all over the state of Ca area for work so it should work ..

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wifi connection is available in most countries restaurants public places hotels etc so it is really not a major problem using 3G maybe unless you purchase a prepaid sim for that country col

Most reactions

Latest posts