What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ugh what do i do

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One solution might be to avoid using it in the bathroom with the lights off. :p

Lol, exactly. If I had to look that hard for bleeding, I wouldn't sweat it.

All four of the iPads I've checked have had minor bleeding -- my 1 and 2, my husband's 1 and a 2 that I ended up exchanging for one with more storage. In all cases, I had to crank up brightness in a darkened room to see the bleeds. I'm never going to use an iPad that way, so I don't care.

Last edited:

Dee Ashley

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.houseofwags.com
That is good to know that there is good customer support when there is a problem. And I agree that looking for problems in a dark bathroom maybe shouldn't be shared on a public forum, lol.

OP
L

Ludee00

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lol, well I wasn't doing anything in the bathroom at the time :)

Dr Umfufu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am from the UK and I missed the original iPad 2 release date and had to wait a month until I finally found an iPad. When I got it home I was disappointed to find it a some minor light bleed on the lower left edge. I seriously thought about taking it back but then thought, wait, what if I got one that's worse? As a result, I left it and have been happily using the device for over a month now and I never even notice the bleed is there any more... In all honesty I seriously doubt you can ever get your hands on a perfect screen on any device, let alone Apple. Mass production, cheap parts to save costs all means there is going to be a problem somewhere.... If the bleed isn't "in your face" then sit back, relax and enjoy the magnificent piece of technology in your hands... After all, iPad 3 will be with us in no time at all!!!! :0)

hookbill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok, here is my update. This new one is better. Not perfect, but I have stopped looking for perfection. There is a slight bleed. Better than before, but still there. I did look and inspect at the store, but since I can't go into a pitch black room, I didn't see it there. I was on all four holding the unit under the table. The tech even tried to cover the light that was coming in under the desk. Neither of us saw it. I only noticed it when I went home and stood on my bathroom with the lights off. Honestly, I don't think I will be getting anything better than this one. So I will finally start to add apps and enjoy my new machine. But I will be writing a looooooong letter to apple.

You my friend are way, way too picky.

Most reactions

Latest posts