Popular gaming site IGN has partnered with Ubisoft to make ‘Valiant Hearts: The Great War’ its Free Game of the Month for December. The game currently has a rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars in the App Store and usually retails for $4.99. So if you'd like to give a try to this game that features beautiful imagery, you can do it now for free. Just follow the link at the end and follow the instructions.
Valiant Hearts is a popular puzzle adventure game, also described as an interactive comic book, that offers up an engaging storyline and unique mix of puzzle-explore-action gameplay. The game was released on game consoles last summer, and then hit iOS in the fall.
The game is inspired by letters written during World War I and begis in 1914. The game tells the story of four characters (and one dog) who search the battlefield to help a young German soldier find his love. Here are the main features of the game, as described by the developer:
The game comes with two separate versions for iPhone and iPad users, so you won't experience any troubles whatsoever. However, what you're receiving for free is Episode 1, which is normally sold for $4.99; but episodes 2-4 can be purchased individually for $3.99, or as a $8.99 bundle.
- PLAY A GRAPHIC NOVEL - An emotional adventure game delivered with a unique tone and art style.
- A MIX OF EXPLORATION, ACTION AND PUZZLES - Move into action and help your heroes survive the Great War by solving puzzles or sneaking through enemy lines…
- FOLLOW THE STORY OF THESE VALIANT HEARTS - Lost in a maze of trenches, play each of these characters and help a young German soldier find his love! All of them will be helped by their faithful canine companion, Walt.
- RELIVE THE GREAT WAR - This fictitious story takes you back to famous WW1 locations, revisiting historical battles on the Western Front, such as the Battle of the Marne or the Battle of the Somme!
- INTERACT WITH HISTORY - In partnership with Apocalypse World War 1 and the Mission Centenaire 14-18, learn more about the Great War through historical articles and share them with friends.