What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typing Question

High201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to set it up so I can see the letters show up when I am typing them on the iPad 2. I mean the letters popping up on the iPad 2 keypad. Thanks in advance,
High201

MoonlitSonata

iPF Novice
Reaction score
High201 said:
Is there a way to set it up so I can see the letters show up when I am typing them on the iPad 2. I mean the letters popping up on the iPad 2 keypad. Thanks in advance,
High201

I don't understand the question, sorry. :(

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
H

High201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
when i type on the iPad. I would like to see the letters pop up on the iPad when I type them, especially on the iPad2. Like when I type A, I will see a big A on the Ipad Keyboard. For me it makes typing on the Ipad easier. I know this happens on some sites when I type on the Ipad 2.

Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
As already stated, your question is confusing? Sorry - :(

Please provide more specific information, esp. what application do you want to see your typing - they do vary - :)

OP
H

High201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can type pretty good on a laptop computer. I can look at the screen and type. no problem. But when I type on the ipad 2 it is not so easy. I have to look down on the keypad a lot more when i type. I want to be able to type looking at the keypad on the ipad 2 and when i type a letter it comes up bigger when i type it. It helps me make less mistakes on the Ipad 2. I want to be able to type like this at all times using any application. Hasn't anyone ever seen this? :) thanks for your help and sorry for the confusion.

EvilMonkey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know exactly what you mean. I don't think it's possible, with the iPad's "one keyboard for all because why would someone want something different?" mentality. One of my biggest issues is the inability to change the keyboard to something more useful.

For others, this is what he means, I think (skip ahead to about 1:50 to see the letters "pop up" as they are typed): [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU1Zc6SNlyQ&feature=fvst]‪Android 2.3 (Gingebread) First Hands-on: Keyboard‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I think the iPhone keyboard does this as well (don't have one), but it doesn't on the iPad.

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
You mean like a physical 3d keyboard? A keyboard with some depth or releif you can feel and perceive? No, but why not just purchase yourself a small portable bluetooth keyboard?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'm believe I familiar with what you want from some Android keyboards I've seen. There are several variations where the letter may pop up above your finger, or show up in a box above the keyboard.

You may find an app or two in the App Store that does this (a text editor probably), but the system keyboard does not have this options, nor can you replace the system keyboard without jail breaking.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Some of the apps that were designed for the iPhone have this type of keyboard (e.g. Facebook and Google Voice). The letters/numbers popping up is stock for most iPhone apps.

But, as the others have said, the iPad is going to use it's own keyboard with iPad apps.

Marilyn

OP
H

High201

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks EvilMonkey for showing the video. And thank you all for your comments. The video that on EvilMonkeys post is exactly what I am looking for. I cannot get a good rhythm with typing on the Ipad . I have to look at the keyboard and I would love the letters to show up when I type. It just makes it easier for me. Maybe someday the iPad will be able to type like this. I don't see why not. Thanks again everyone.

Most reactions

Latest posts