What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typing but no words

kazzawazza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I have an IPad2 and experiencing problems in that I try to type words but nothing appears. I then click refresh and it then allows me to type a few characters or so and then stops. I click refresh and after a few attempts I do eventually get there. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and is there a reason and known fix for it?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
I have an IPad2 and experiencing problems in that I try to type words but nothing appears. I then click refresh and it then allows me to type a few characters or so and then stops. I click refresh and after a few attempts I do eventually get there. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and is there a reason and known fix for it?

I've experienced this also.....it's very frustrating to say the least! Do you perform any type of housekeeping on your iPad? Like closing apps completely regularly, giving your iPad a restart occasionally or resetting it? All these steps just keep your iPad in good running order.

Try a reset of your iPad and see if this stops this annoying problem

Hold the power off button and the home button simultaneously, keep holding them in and you may see the power off slide appear and disappear, wait until you see the Apple logo appear before releasing the buttons. It will take a little longer for your iPad to start. Let us know how you go.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The fixes that Leelai suggested are always to good first step. They will fix the oddest things.

Another possibility:

I occasionally get this weird problem on this forum where every time I start typing the screen will scroll the text window out of view. I've found that closing the keyboard (tap the keyboard key at the lower right of the keyboard), then tapping in the text window again (to bring the keyboard back up) it will solve this issue. Might help your's too. Give it a try.

xrayeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Someone in another post mentioned they had trouble typing on this forum.

xrayeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We'll I could have sworn it was on iPad forum but maybe it was the IPhone Forum. But now I can't find it on either. Will keep looking. I am pretty sure it was a thread I responded to, but I don't see it in my subscribed threads

xrayeyes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh gosh, can't find the post anywhere. I am sure I read it in the last week or so either here or iphone forum. The poster said they'd type and at first no letters would appear. Sorry can't locate it.

Most reactions