What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two Questions

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
1. How often should I close running programs?
2.Do running programs slow the iPad down?

mdpalmer157

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would close them Down regularly.. I do mine at least once a day..... and yes it does slow the IPad down... mainly safari and web browsing...

OP

420benz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
mdpalmer157 said:
I would close them Down regularly.. I do mine at least once a day..... and yes it does slow the IPad down... mainly safari and web browsing...

Thanks. How do I close them?

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
To close apps, double click the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up if you are on iOS 5) to reveal a bottom row of icons. These are all the apps you've had open. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle/minus sign in the upper left of each icon. Press the minus sign ("-") and the app will disappear from that row. This closes the app out entirely - though do note (or don't worry), you are not deleting the app from the iPad.

There is much discussion on how many times this action needs to be done. Have a read around the forum and form your own consensus. Hopefully, whatever you decide, this will help you "clean up" your iPad.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts