What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

two questions

retlas101

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've developed a new problem that started about two updates ago. When playing 'words with friends' and leave a game to access a wordfinder and want then to return to the game, it no longer goes directly back but displays the zynga page then after a few moments it goes back to the WWF page and may not always return to the same game.
It's annoying. Has anyone experienced this problem and been able to cure it?

question #2
Does the battery charge last longer if you turn off the iPad with the power switch rather than simply closing the smartcover?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
question #2
Does the battery charge last longer if you turn off the iPad with the power switch rather than simply closing the smartcover?

Let me just address the second question - first, you might want to check my post (#6) in THIS THREAD - also a 'battery monitor' app would be helpful - I've been using THIS ONE - below is a screenshot from my iPad w/ this app running - as you can see my battery had a 55% charge and 'standby' time (i.e. closing the smart cover) was nearly 400 hrs - I almost never turn off my iPad 2 (will do an occasional 'Restart' or 'Reset' if needed or just to 'clean out the cobwebs' ;)) - bottom line is that this is the least of your worry concerning battery drainage. :)

BatteryHD.png

Bob327

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me just address the second question - first, you might want to check my post (#6) in THIS THREAD - also a 'battery monitor' app would be helpful - I've been using THIS ONE - below is a screenshot from my iPad w/ this app running - as you can see my battery had a 55% charge and 'standby' time (i.e. closing the smart cover) was nearly 400 hrs - I almost never turn off my iPad 2 (will do an occasional 'Restart' or 'Reset' if needed or just to 'clean out the cobwebs' ;)) - bottom line is that this is the least of your worry concerning battery drainage. :)

View attachment 46934

I do the same thing ...BUT I am a little concerned if I may damage the battery in any way by leaving the charger turned on all night and sometimes most of the next day before I pick and use the ipad the next time...??

Can I over charge the battery ??

Bob G

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I do the same thing ...BUT I am a little concerned if I may damage the battery in any way by leaving the charger turned on all night and sometimes most of the next day before I pick and use the ipad the next time...??

Can I over charge the battery ?? Bob G

Hi Bob - Li-Ion battery technology is mature and safeguards are built into chargers (I have 4 different Li-Ion tools in my workshop) and into electronic devices that will prevent overcharging - this is not a concern; however, the battery should be used on a regular basis - checkout this Apple Support Article - indeed, the battery should be pretty much discharged once a month to allow the calibrating monitors to report the proper level of charge (see quote below from the bottom of that link) - Dave :)

Use Your iPad Regularly

For proper reporting of the battery’s state of charge, be sure to go through at least one charge cycle per month (charging the battery to 100% and then completely running it down).

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts