What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two questions ipad 3 users

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. For those who have the game "GT free hd" car racing game, i there a way i can avoid waiting for one hour when my car is on service?? it becomes so boring to wait for an hour when i am playing the game.

2.when "erase data" is turned off after attempting a password on my ipad, what happens if someone exceedes 10 times trying it. I know my data wont be erased but i want to know the result of putting in a wrong password 10 times when erase data is turned off. Thank you.

Attachments

• image-4155286627.jpg
    image-4155286627.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 276

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
1. For those who have the game "GT free hd" car racing game, i there a way i can avoid waiting for one hour when my car is on service?? it becomes so boring to wait for an hour when i am playing the game.

2.when "erase data" is turned off after attempting a password on my ipad, what happens if someone exceedes 10 times trying it. I know my data wont be erased but i want to know the result of putting in a wrong password 10 times when erase data is turned off. Thank you.

If you don't have your iPad set to erase your iPad after 10 failed password attempts, someone could make as many attempts to guess your password as they chose.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So it means there is no limit in the number of attempts right? The 10 attempts only work when erasing data is turned on is it?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
So it means there is no limit in the number of attempts right? The 10 attempts only work when erasing data is turned on is it?

Correct. Unless you have your iPad set to erase all content and settings after 10 failed password attempts, there is no limit to the number of attempts someone could make while trying to guess your password.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsmrg said:
Ok, thanks so much

Just make sure you make regular backups of your iPad, that way you can restore from backup if it's ever wiped.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am currently backing up on icloud but i dont really know how to restore from icloud in the event my data is lost.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

That sounds a bit odd to me. Don't have that game, so I can respond, but I'm finding it hard to believe anyone would design a game that forces someone to sit and wait for a real hour. I'm wondering if you are somehow misunderstanding the game here.

OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is the situation. I have to wait for an hour sometimes when car is said to be on service. Its so boring, yet i cant delete the game, i really like it

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is the situation. I have to wait for an hour sometimes when car is said to be on service. Its so boring, yet i cant delete the game, i really like it

Have you thought about shooting off a quick email to the game developers? Or perhaps some googling to see what other users think about that?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
tsmrg said:

Have you tried the game on someone else's iPad? If so, does it still make you wait one full hour?

Last edited:
OP
T

tsmrg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
May be should try that, i haven't,

cipriani

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tsmrg said:

For an iphone, if you enter wrong password simultaneously while "erase data" turned off, it will disabled your iphone for 1 minute followed by 5 minutes, followed by 15 minutes. Once i tried a prank on a friend and it disabled his phone for 60 minutes. Does it work on ipad too?

kiwipete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Grandson has this game on my I Pad, you can bypass the 1hr service by using game money that you win by racing or buy actually buying game money through i tunes

Most reactions