What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two iPads

Cats&pens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello from Scotland :)

My first post, so please bear with me.

Have an ipad, and iPad mini: the original ipad is 'full', but when I go to settings, and tried turning off the photostream( I now only take photos with the mini) it says that I'll lose all the photos on the other device/s.....

So, what I'd like help with is:
How do I turn off the photostream on the oldie, without losing them all on the mini?

Sorry if this is an obvious question, but Im not a youngster ( smile) and have some health problems(eg stroke survivor and other things)which sometimes make simple things seem very complex.

Alex

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Photos in photo stream are not actually stored in the cloud, but on the device they were added to photo stream from. If you want them on the iPad Mini, you have to download them from photo stream to the mini. After they've been downloaded to the mini, you can delete them from the other iPad. They'll then be deleted from photo stream but will still be on the mini.

OP
Cats&pens

Cats&pens

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks so much, and apologies fir not replying sooner: I was just looking at the older ipad, and it's a bit different from the mini's photo thing: could you tell me how I download the ones on the older iPads photo stream(or camera roll....Im not sure what the difference is) to the mini?

Again, apologies for such basic questions....and many thanks for the help. Very much appreciated.

Alex

Most reactions