What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two iPads, One iMac, One iTunes Account: How to keep iPads different

msgtusaf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a brand new iMac and two iPad2's. I don't want both iPads to be identical (one is my wife's, one is mine). Since they would both sync to iCloud, is the only way around this to have 2 different iTunes accounts?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
No, you can quite easily share the same account for the library/purchases, I have three iphones, a ipad and 5 ipods all sharing the same account/library and they all have different stuff on. You probably want to share an account for purchases but have different accounts for icloud (so your contacts and calendars, don't get mixed up).

Just make sure the name of each ipad is different, when you set them up. Another tip is to create playlists for your music, and only sync the relevant playlists to each device, so you don't get your entire library on each device (My Mrs doesn't want Metallica and I don't want her Manilow :))

Most reactions

Latest posts