What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twitter mobile site workaround

tarnations

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After months with no problem accessing the full Twitter site using the Chrome browser, I discovered today that Twitter is forcing me onto the mobile version of the site. I got the same result when I tried with Safari and with Atomic, a browser that others have used in the past to specifically work around this problem. Twitter used to have a mobile/standard option in their settings, but this is gone now.

This is a problem because the Twitter mobile site only displays "Top Tweets" in its search results. The Twitter help page says it does this to manage capacity, and if you want to see all tweets, you just need to refresh the results. But this doesn't work for me -- whether I reload the results within the mobile site interface or refresh the page in the browser, I still only get the top tweets.

Does anyone know a workaround for this that currently works? I've found numerous threads on this topic that all reference the use of settings that Twitter has since removed, or that recommend using Atomic, which still sends me to the mobile site. All I want to be able to do is see all the results in a hashtag search.

Thanks in advance for helping do that which Twitter doesn't want me to do.

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try adding

default.asp?m=0

After the backslash

I'm guessing, but the URL should be something like twitter.com/username/default.asp?m=0

?

dougrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just tried in Safari and Puffin. Puffin allows you to set the User Agent to desktop. That hit the desktop site.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You mentioned using Atomic Browser.

Make sure you choose a desktop browser mode under settings Identify Browser As; found under the gear icon to the left of the URL field. Close any open tabs to twitter and go to twitter again. You may need to enter twitter.com into the URL field manually.

I just tested this, and it worked for me.

When I changed the browser mode after already visiting the mobile site, I was stuck in the mobile site until I cleard the tab and entered the twitter URL manually. Manual entry may not be necessary. I rarely use Atomic, so I don't have a Twitter bookmark there.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts