What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twitter for iPad Launched

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Twitter has today launched an iPad-specific version of its Twitter app. If you’ve already been using the iPhone version on your iPad, you’ll notice that this one is a massive improvement, and you won’t even have to bother to download the iPad version, you’ll simply be prompted to install it as an upgrade to your existing app. According to the official Twitter Blog, Twitter for iPad is designed to take advantage of the iPad’s smooth touch interface, enabling you to move lots of information around quickly, without having to click buttons or open and close windows.

Here are some of the new features in the iPad Twitter app:

• Panes - whereby tapping on a Tweet opens a pane to the right, containing maybe a video or photo, depending on the content. You can also swipe to the right or left to move between panes.
  • Media - when you tap on a video link or open a web page with an embedded video, it will play immediately inline. You can also look through your timeline while waiting for the video to load. Pinch on a video to view it in fullscreen.
  • Gestures - Pinch a Tweet to quickly view details about the author and to reply to or retweet the Tweet. Put two fingers together and pull down on a Tweet to look at the entire conversation leading up to the Tweet.
  • No Need to Login - You don’t even need to login or sign up to use Twitter on iPad, as there’s a list of various categories already chosen for you, and you can, as usual, search, view trends and check out breaking news.

Download the Twitter for iPad app for free from the App Store by clicking here.

Don't forget, you can follow iPadForums.net on Twitter here: http://www.twitter.com/iPadNews

Source: Twitter Blog

Midnight Blue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Panes are a pain?

Can someone please tell me how to close a pane? I tap a tweet and it opens a pane on the right. Terrific! Now I want to close that pane. Struggle. Yes I can slide it which conceals most of it but how on earth can you close it?

josiahS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
josiahstaggs.com
Hmm.. Looks pretty for sure. Nice UI. As always though, it lacks a tonf of features that i need for marketing purposes though :(

Most reactions