What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Twitter App/App Store

_chris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3 running on iOS 6.0.0...

I recently deleted the Twitter App by accident. Now whenever I open App Store to download it again, it just shows the OPEN button as if I still have it.

Any ideas on what to do? Sorry if I posted in wrong area, new here.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
_chris said:
I have an iPad 3 running on iOS 6.0.0...

I recently deleted the Twitter App by accident. Now whenever I open App Store to download it again, it just shows the OPEN button as if I still have it.

Any ideas on what to do? Sorry if I posted in wrong area, new here.

Hi there...yes, since you have downloaded it already that is why it is saying open. If you go to the "Purchase" section of the App Store on your iPad, you should find the twitter app with a cloud icon. Tap that and it should download to your iPad again. See the pic below and note the cloud icons.

image-1877481722.jpg

OP
C

_chris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still showed the "OPEN" button instead of the cloud symbol. I'm not with my laptop now, but I think I'll have to try the other technique with iTunes.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you sure that you have deleted it? Have you searched for it on your iPad?

Also, sometimes after doing an update, it's best to do a reset of your iPad.

To do this:
is to do a reset by holding the power switch and home button together until you see the apple logo. Hope that helps!

OP
C

_chris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Searched for it, reset iPad, shut off and on multiple times, still won't work. Even trying to click on old Twitter notifications won't work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
_chris said:
Searched for it, reset iPad, shut off and on multiple times, still won't work. Even trying to click on old Twitter notifications won't work.

Go to Settings > General > Usage. Find the app under the Storage list (tap Show all Apps if needed). If you find the Twitter app select it and choose Delete.

Rarely (at least once before that I've heard) an app's icon will disappear without the app deleting. This bypasses the problem and should allow you to download the app again.

OP
C

_chris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Go to Settings > General > Usage. Find the app under the Storage list (tap Show all Apps if needed). If you find the Twitter app select it and choose Delete.

Rarely (at least once before that I've heard) an app's icon will disappear without the app deleting. This bypasses the problem and should allow you to download the app again.

That worked, it showed up with no name, just the icon, thanks.

Attachments

• image-280885841.jpg
    image-280885841.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 197

Most reactions

Latest posts