What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tweaks/Apps Ready But Not Really :-(

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my second safe mode when I toggled "summer" in winterboard :eek:. Now I'm getting the hang of it.

I'm trying to make my Ipad mini as pwetty as can be but I'm having trouble with winterboard. I have downloaded several themes but when I turn them on in winterboard, nothing happens :mad:. I'm assuming that most of these themes are for the iphones? And will not work for my Ipad mini?

The most frustrating for me is just to change the slider to a coke bottle thingy or the Evasi0n logo. This should be something simple right? Am I missing a step here? Is there some tweaks that I have to install first? What I have been doing is just download them from Cydia and turn them on in winterboard. Or are all these mostly done for the iPhone?:(

p/s - sorry I posted this here. Should this be under Themes?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are only a few themes that work on the iPad (and even less of those work on iOS 6). The developers are still working to upgrade everything.

What themes, specifically, are you trying to run? Maybe if we know which ones, we can tell you if they are compatible.

Marilyn

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi ... Thanks for the reply. I have installed the bababuufey theme. That one is pretty nice. I got the wallpaper with blinking eyes ;). Some of the icons are not updated but I think there is a thread on that. Most of the other themes I downloaded, I got no change when I respring winterboard. I though at least the icon pics would change since they are pics only right? So perhaps I should wait a little longer. (Maybe a lot longer :p)

As for now, if you can help me, so that I can change the slider to the Evasi0n logo. What are the steps? Download slider logo from Cydia, select in Winterboard and respring? I did that and nothing happened.:mad: So am I missing a step?, or the logo is wrong size for Ipad mini? I'd like to have the logo so that I can brag to my nephew that I have a jailbroken ipad. :D

p/s - saw your music notes slider and your icons and your screens .... they are so pretty. Oh my this endeavor is going to suck up all my time yea? As of now, I'm already respringing every five minutes and spending my nights browsing Cydia. :( :p

cayleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got my second safe mode when I toggled "summer" in winterboard :eek:. Now I'm getting the hang of it.

I'm trying to make my Ipad mini as pwetty as can be but I'm having trouble with winterboard. I have downloaded several themes but when I turn them on in winterboard, nothing happens :mad:. I'm assuming that most of these themes are for the iphones? And will not work for my Ipad mini?

The most frustrating for me is just to change the slider to a coke bottle thingy or the Evasi0n logo. This should be something simple right? Am I missing a step here? Is there some tweaks that I have to install first? What I have been doing is just download them from Cydia and turn them on in winterboard. Or are all these mostly done for the iPhone?:(

p/s - sorry I posted this here. Should this be under Themes?
Ipad mini iOS 6.1 here's what I'm also using * unlimited video downloader too with ifile
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow !! That is soooo nice. So basically download via Cydia and turn on in Winterboard? Maybe the themes I downloaded are old or for iphones. I just installed the Evad3rs slider by Dallas Groot. Turned it on Winterboard, still nothing. :( It does say updated for ipad mini and tested on IOS 6.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...[little snip]...As for now, if you can help me, so that I can change the slider to the Evasi0n logo. What are the steps? Download slider logo from Cydia, select in Winterboard and respring? I did that and nothing happened.:mad: So am I missing a step?, or the logo is wrong size for Ipad mini? I'd like to have the logo so that I can brag to my nephew that I have a jailbroken ipad. :D ... [little snip]...

Take a look at cayleg's second picture (the one that's highlighting Winterboard and all the theme options he has for Leviathan).

See the checkmarks? I'm going to assume that you know that the checkmarks means that the theme is active (and so should be showing). :)

However, Winterboard is hierarchal by design - in that any checked items override checked items below that line. So, what you may have is a theme installed (and checked) that is overriding your slider theme (which is checked) because the slider theme is listed below the other.

So, try moving your slider theme to the top of the list (or at least over anything else that is checked). See if that helps...?

Marilyn

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
STIySVQ.jpg

Thank you for the reply.

This is the best that I got so far. There was a thread on this theme about some icons which did not change. I have quite a lot in my screen :(. Also the facebook icon has some black borders. The other themes that I tried, I looked again at them, I think some of the icons did changes. I didn't notice them because the icons were not that much different than the original ipad icons. Also the wallpaper did not change probably coz I have a tick mark on the baba bufeey wallpaper.;)

Now I'm trying to figure out directory structures and png's ... I saw a youtube video on this baba bufeey theme, and it was lovely with sounds and matching stuff in the apps. Or this is something beyond me. Better to pony up and buy a working complete theme. :D

cayleg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Working iPad mini stuff

Ok so far I cannot get sound to change but that may take time for a winter board to update
Some of the themes you might be trying to use could be out of date look for newer themes:):) here's another
Working one I like!image.jpg
image.jpg

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another nice one. I love the camera icon in this one. But overall, the previous one has 3d like effect which I love :thumbs:. I will keep these two in mind when I buy the themes.:)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Rolleicord

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought the LeviatanHAZ theme!! Took me almost an hour to download! :eek: Finally I got weather widget.Yea! :D, Thkank you cayleg. It would have probably taken me 3 years just to figure out how this theming thing works. :rolleyes:

P/s - sorry mod ... Last post before I go to theme screenshot thread.:p

Madchiller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay! Scrolling Board 3.1.3 is out and fixes the bugs I was having!

Sent from my iPad 3 using iPF

OP
Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone not aware of this. You can tap on an app that isn't compatible yet such as Gridlock and tap on Change Package Settings and choose Yes for Show all Changes and even though it isn't installed on your device whenever an update has been released for this app it will show up in the Changes tab.

This is a great way to discover when incompatible apps become compatible without wasting your time trying to install them.:)

I have this set for Gridlock and about 4-5 other apps that I'm waiting on to be updated.

SikYou

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just an FYI for anyone not aware of this. You can tap on an app that isn't compatible yet such as Gridlock and tap on Change Package Settings and choose Yes for Show all Changes and even though it isn't installed on your device whenever an update has been released for this app it will show up in the Changes tab.

This is a great way to discover when incompatible apps become compatible without wasting your time trying to install them.:)

I have this set for Gridlock and about 4-5 other apps that I'm waiting on to be updated.

Extremely helpful. Thanks!

OP
Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Extremely helpful. Thanks!

I went ahead and updated my iPad 4 to 6.1.2 tonight and re-jailbroke it so I also had to re-enable the Change Package Settings again for all the apps that I'm waiting for to be updated.

Most reactions

Latest posts