What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tweaks/Apps Ready But Not Really :-(

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am starting a list to hopefully help others with apps/tweaks that claim to be ready but actually cause crashes or put your device into safe mode. Feel free to add to this list and when something gets corrected on the list let's pass that along as well!

I have an iPad 4 and am running 6.1. Please add your device and IOS version with new problems as they arise as some may work on an iPhone 4S running 5.x.x but not on 6.x.x.

I am trying to keep the original post up to date with a list of apps that cause safe mode outcome once installed or run. I am not necessarily listing all apps that don't run correctly as that could be a long list and may even vary more per user.

As fixes are given I am trying to update that as well.

Problems so far: These install and put your device into constant Safe Mode
Multiflow
Color Keyboard HD
Quasar
Cydelete
Paperlock

Shrink has been repaired!:)
FolderEnhancer version 1.9.4 repaired:)
Gridlock 2.0 repaired :)

Last edited:

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Anyone try dashboard x on iPad mini yet? It's shows compatible but in description it says iOS 5.1....kinda dont to purchase until I know for sure

Last edited:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Biggest disappointments for me so far are the following tweaks which are not working on iPad / 6.1 yet...

1. (iKeyWi HD) - EDIT - New version posted to Cydia with IOS6 compatibility ;)
2. Color Keyboard HD - EDIT - Fixed on 12/02
3. SwitcherMod

Last edited:

Inked adrenaline

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Dashboard X is working great on my iPad 4 running 6.1 so I imagine it would work great on the Mini as well!

Thanks guess they just haven't updated their description. I didn't want to buy it if it didn't work.

Tapatalk'd / freshly Jailbroke iPad Mini

OP
Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah.. Color Keyboard HD let me down.. Took me forever to figure out which tweak caused the iPad 3 to reboot in Safemode

Sent from my iPad

Yeah, I had the same problem earlier with mine. I got lucky with Gridlock and Multiflow as the iPad went straight into safe mode immediately after the install but with Shrink it didn't happen right at first. It waited until I made an adjustment.

OP
Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I can't get PerPageHTML to install on my iPad and I need to find something else that will allow me to drop weather widgets and other cool widgets on my home screens. Any ideas?

whodaman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
Biggest disappointments for me so far are the following tweaks which are not working on iPad / 6.1 yet...

1. iKeyWi HD
2. Color Keyboard HD
3. SwitcherMod

iKeyWi HD is a huge let down.... Hopefully will update soon.

dstuttgen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I found Quasar to cause the sys to boot to safe mode. Retina Pad HD all associated apps flash then close. iKeywi has total wierdness on the top two rows. image.jpg
But all in all I am getting on good.

Cheers, Dan

iKeywi is updated and working fine today.

Last edited:

Bula.bula

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can't get PerPageHTML to install on my iPad and I need to find something else that will allow me to drop weather widgets and other cool widgets on my home screens. Any ideas?

You can try iWidgets or DashboardX

wrathchild

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dreamboard works like crap on my mini. Keeps shrinking the page down into the left bottom corner and becomes unusable. Ended up deleting it. Along with quite a few other stuff. Getting very frustrated.

wingzfan61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How about springtomize in landscape mode? On my iphone it gives a blank appswitcher in landscape. Portrait is fine though.

Most reactions

Latest posts