What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tweak to show date on status bar?

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When I was JB'd on iOS 5, I had a tweak that put the date next to the clock. The amount of available ram was also shown, but I'm not sure this was done with the same tweak, and I'm not particularly interested in this. Now that I'm JB'd on iOS 7, I'd like to have the date shown again, but I don't recall the tweak.

I've tried the tweak DateCarrier, but it doesn't always show the correct date.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
StatusModifier does that. It's a free package you can get from the MMI repo. Unfortunately SBSettings hasn't been updated for iOS 7 support, so you can't display your date, time and/or RAM on the statusBar like you used to.

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
StatusModifier does that. It's a free package you can get from the MMI repo. Unfortunately SBSettings hasn't been updated for iOS 7 support, so you can't display your date, time and/or RAM on the statusBar like you used to.
Thanks for clearing that up. I've installed StatusModifier and it accomplishes my needs. I appreciate the help.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could also take a look at the tweak "Cloaky" ($1.00, USD). With it, you can add the date to be right next to the time. You also can modify other elements of your status bar (i.e remove the carrier name, the battery percentage or icon (or both), WiFi indicator, etc.). You can also modify the Control Center, the pop-up menu (what shows up in the pop-up when you press and hold) and the activity buttons (when you press an arrow to send, share or "open in" such as in the Photo app).

It's a pretty robust tweak for an inexpensive price and I can testify it works fine on an iPad Air (and an iPhone 5). Just so's you have another option...

Marilyn

ardchoille

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Or you could put the calendar app icon on your dock, it shows the date :)

Most reactions

Latest posts