1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Tweak to kill app while in it?

Discussion in 'iPad Hacking' started by Hinds90, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Hinds90

Hinds90 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just as title states. I tried appquit but dosen't seem to work. I have a iPad 3 runnning 5.1.1.
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,727 / 0
    Have you tried the Home button? It closes apps. Then, if you want to fully close out the app - double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Or maybe I didn't understand the question right?

Marilyn
  3. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,727 / 0
    D'oh! I just realized what forum you were in (jail breaking)....

No, there is no tweak to kill an app you're in (that's the Home button's job). And, I think the terminology is confusing. The AppQuit description talks about currently running apps - but those are the apps that are in the multitask bar, not the one you are actively using. There are a number of tweaks to remove apps from the multitasker: RemoveBackground and WeekillBackground come first to my mind. Then, there are some toggles for the Notification Center, plus some that can be loaded on the Springboard.

If I may suggest - have a Google for remove background tweaks. There are a lot.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn
  4. Hinds90

Hinds90 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Most app killers kill all apps at once. I would like to kill the app I'm currently running to eliminate me going through the switcher process. appquit would have worked great. Lol guess my only current solution is to not be lazy.

I've been jail broken for a while and just now fully utilizing activator so I'm going a little gesture crazy lol. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012