What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TVOut with J/B

OP
Wreybies

Wreybies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I spent the extra $2.99 (US) during my lunch to try out Display Out vs. TVOut2 and Display Out won hands down. Much sharper picture with Display Out.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wreybies said:
So, I spent the extra $2.99 (US) during my lunch to try out Display Out vs. TVOut2 and Display Out won hands down. Much sharper picture with Display Out.

Awesome. Glad your satisfied.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
... has anyone ever got that hack to work? Did you have it working YoungOne?
Personally, I have used DisplayOut all the time so no point in me testing it, however EVERY place I have seen the K48AP.plist ;) editing trick suggested, nobody has got it working.

Can anyone else confirm that they used this hack and it worked?
I am just very interested... :D

I have it working fine. I can run Netflix movies, see Words With Friends game, open Mail, etc., with it. All I have to do is plug my iPad into my HDTV using an HDMI cable and Apple's nifty digital AV adaptor. It takes a few seconds to recognize the iPad ... and then it's fine.

However, I did the K48AP.plist hack a bit differently than what's described around the 'Net. Yes, I downloaded the one off the 'Net (for my version of iPad), but all I did was use it to see/copy the lines you need to add.

I SSH'd into my iPad with WinSCP and copied my K48AP.plist to my PC. After making a backup copy (just in case...as always), I added the required lines into the plist file. Then, I put it back onto the iPad where I found it. After signing out from the SSH, I re-booted the iPad, plugged it into the HDTV and success on the first shot.

TBH, I didn't know it didn't work until just now, when I read your words. Guess angels and fools really are protected! :D

I like it much better than DisplayOut. Enough so that I have removed DisplayOut from my iPad. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
cool. thanks for the update. I think it's obvious to me now that it does work!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I like it much better than DisplayOut. Enough so that I have removed DisplayOut from my iPad. Of course, and as always, YMMV.

Marilyn

That's what I did. I think it has better resolution.

Alucard77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually see no difference in resolution between this hack and display out. Also, the benefit of display out is that you can actually stretch the screen to fit what you need on your monitor/tv. This hack does not give you the ability.

I use XBMC religously and I was hoping it would make my movies look better. However, it was the same as display out, but smaller. So I am sticking with Display out for the time being.

Thanks for the guide though. It was very helpful.

Tbone322

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do these apps work for the hbo go problem? I can only get sound and that stupid hbo go logo on my tv. If I can stream hbo go to my tv through the hdmi connector using one of these methods/apps then I'll jb for sure!

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tbone322 said:
Do these apps work for the hbo go problem? I can only get sound and that stupid hbo go logo on my tv. If I can stream hbo go to my tv through the hdmi connector using one of these methods/apps then I'll jb for sure!

It will work with display out.

Tbone322

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tbone322 said:

It will work with display out.

Excellent! Now I just have to get my pc to stop arguing with tiny umbrella lol thanks for the info wolf!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts