What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV

gmpyblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all I have just purchased the Very expensive apple composite cable, I have plugged it in to the ipad and the TV turned them on then run down the input sources on the tv but all I get is ..NO Sync am I doing this correctly ? the TV is a modern Sony Bravia . is there a setting on the ipad that I am missing.........My thanks George

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Using the composite cable, it is likely you've had to use one of the AV inputs on the TV. Firstly check you have plugged into an input and not an output. Secondly, make sure you have the yellow, red and white connected correctly.

Being a newer TV, It may have been better to go with the digital AV adaptor (HDMI) for better clarity, and more compatible with AirPlay and mirroring features of the iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi all I have just purchased the Very expensive apple composite cable, I have plugged it in to the ipad and the TV turned them on then run down the input sources on the tv but all I get is ..NO Sync am I doing this correctly ? the TV is a modern Sony Bravia . is there a setting on the ipad that I am missing.........My thanks George

Hi George - you need to provide some more specific information: 1) Composite cable components from Apple - assume 1 video & 2 audio inputs at least? and 2) Model of your Sony TV - assume this is an HDTV w/ HDMI inputs? If the latter, then you should have purchased an HDMI iPad connector - a simple audio & video solution w/ HD - of course, depending on where you plug in the iPad adapters (regardless of the type), you must select the right input on your HDTV - I'll stop there and let you respond - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts