What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I have updated the first post with clearer warnings for iPad2 3G owners.

and an additional warning for JB'd iPad2 3G owners... NEVER EVER choose SETTINGS * GENERAL * RESET * RESET ALL SETTINGS or you'll end up losing your JB and be forced to upgrade to iOS5

Last edited:

duginnz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 1, 4.3.5, and I want to save shsh blobs before I jailbreak or upgrade os. I understand the apple server has stopped being useful, so I have been trying to use ifaith. I had no luck with 1.3.2, it tells me it does not recognize the os, and two earlier versions of ifaith I tried start out ok, then hang. I used ifaith successfully on another iPad 4.3 to save the blobs, so I think I have the sequence right. Any ideas? Doug.

divi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
could any 1 over here help me out in downgrading ios 5.0 to ios 4.3.3 in ipad2 in step by step process...
...any sort of suggestion like websites,,tutorial,,e.t.c are appreciable..

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
divi said:
could any 1 over here help me out in downgrading ios 5.0 to ios 4.3.3 in ipad2 in step by step process...
...any sort of suggestion like websites,,tutorial,,e.t.c are appreciable..

No need for the large text. I've edited it out.

If you have a 3G iPad2 it is impossible. If you have wifi only, you must have saved blobs for 4.3.3 from May 2011. You can't get them now if you don't have them...
This tutorial is the right one to follow if you have blobs.

divi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but i have an ipad 2 wi-fi and even i don't have any idea as how to save blobs for ios 4.3.3..no sooner i had glance of ios 5 after it's officila launch i upgraded from 4.3.3 to 5. last week sunday i was happend to watch an video in youtube about i pad2 untethered jailbreak using jailbreak me 3.0 .from then on wards my ideas moved around jailbreaking of my ipad2 with ios 5 using untetherd..but unfortunately i couldn't find any website which would provide ios 5 untethered jailbreak as like jailbreak me 3.0 provided by jailbreak .com

and one more is that ystrdy i had seen devsteam untethered jail break website for ios 5 but for first it should be connected to laptop which is not a prblm but it"s asking me to choose some options which ultimately asking to donate..any suggestion which can make me to do jailbreak at free of cost in untetherd manner...

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
but i have an ipad 2 wi-fi and even i don't have any idea as how to save blobs for ios 4.3.3..no sooner i had glance of ios 5 after it's officila launch i upgraded from 4.3.3 to 5. last week sunday i was happend to watch an video in youtube about i pad2 untethered jailbreak using jailbreak me 3.0 .from then on wards my ideas moved around jailbreaking of my ipad2 with ios 5 using untetherd..but unfortunately i couldn't find any website which would provide ios 5 untethered jailbreak as like jailbreak me 3.0 provided by jailbreak .com

and one more is that ystrdy i had seen devsteam untethered jail break website for ios 5 but for first it should be connected to laptop which is not a prblm but it"s asking me to choose some options which ultimately asking to donate..any suggestion which can make me to do jailbreak at free of cost in untetherd manner...

There is NO jailbreak for IOS5 on iPad2, whether it is tetehred or untethred. Any site offering it is a SCAM. The official thread is here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/44596-official-ipad2-jailbreak-thread.html

If you don't see the news in that thread about IOS5 then it is FAKE. And it will ALWAYS be FREE.

You cannot downgrade your iPad2 to 4.3.3 because you don't have SHSH Blobs. You can never get them now, so you must wait until the IOS5 jailbreak is released. Nobody knows when that will be! NOBODY!

Hope that clarifies.

bigbyte.me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the tutorial, I followed it but all the time I got an 1015 error and my iPad1 3G is now stuck with itunes and usb cable symbol, error occured while updating firmware step.

Current Firmware: 4.3.1 (jail broken)
baseband: 07.11.01-6.4_M3S2

saved SHSH 3.2.2, 4.2.1, 1.2b3, 4.3.5 , 5.0gm

Restoring to 4.2.1.
Please help. Fix recovery from tiny umbrella performs all steps but still it goes to same mode. :(

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
bigbyte.me said:
Hi, thanks for the tutorial, I followed it but all the time I got an 1015 error and my iPad1 3G is now stuck with itunes and usb cable symbol, error occured while updating firmware step.

Current Firmware: 4.3.1 (jail broken)
baseband: 07.11.01-6.4_M3S2

saved SHSH 3.2.2, 4.2.1, 1.2b3, 4.3.5 , 5.0gm

Restoring to 4.2.1.
Please help. Fix recovery from tiny umbrella performs all steps but still it goes to same mode. :(

Download the latest redsn0w and use the Extras > Fix Recovery option. That should work.

Aleksi86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, recently I'm downgrading my Ipad 2 to 4.3.3 with Tiny Umbrella. I successfully downgraded it before but now I'm encountering 2005 error like all the time. How should I fix it guys?

And if I turn off Tiny and manually edit the hosts file ( erased all the file with gs.apple ... ) but the error 3194 show up instead.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The first question I must ask is: Do you have an iPad with 3G? Cause if you do, you cannot downgrade back to iOS 4.3.3, even though you have the SHSH blobs for it.

Sorry, but that's one of the major changes Apple did to the jailbreak community.

Marilyn

Aleksi86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shoot. Yes, it's a 3G wifi. So there's no way for me to JB it? Upgrade it into 5.0.1 is my only option?

Most reactions

Latest posts