What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was on 4.3 Ipad 2 3g, updated to 4.3.5 with saved blobs on 4.3.3 with tu. I am stuck on recovery and cannot neither restore to 4.3.5 also. Itunes crashes and i receive error 3194. what should i do?

Did you follow the instructions exactly as outlined in the first post of this thread? Specifically, did you follow the steps to set up Tiny Umbrella so it's pointed in the right direction? Yes, I know you already have saved blobs - it will not hurt to use Tiny Umbrella to ask for them again. That way, you guarantee that Tiny Umbrella is properly configured to help you restore to iOS 4.3.3.

I ask because I have used this method several times to re-jailbreak my iPad and have never had a problem... And error 3194 is typically because Tiny Umbrella is not pointing the right way...

Marilyn

hniHnitsuJ

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you f4780y and Marilyn for helping me out.

I have another problem on my Ipad 2. When I check on my Settings > General > About. I didn't see my Modem Firmware listing on my Ipad 2.

The only things I see is Songs, Videos, Photos and down to Legag, and Regulatory. No where I can't see my Firmware lising on my About Screen.

Also, I am missing Cellular Data Address, IMEI, ICCID, and Modem Firmware.

I did Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings, and it's the same.

Please see attached for Red Circle that missing on my Ipad 2.

Thank you for all your help.

Anyone advices what should I do next to able to see my Modem Firmware on General Tab.

Thanks,

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Anyone advices what should I do next to able to see my Modem Firmware on General Tab.

Thanks,

Do you have a 3G model iPad? You won't see these items on a wifi iPad as they only pertain to 3G models... Which 3G carrier are you contracted to?

Vladimirov91

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My Modem Firmware is 04.11.08 will i be able to downgrade? I have my SHSH blobs saved for every firmware. iPad 2 64 3g

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Modem Firmware is 04.11.08 will i be able to downgrade? I have my SHSH blobs saved for every firmware. iPad 2 64 3g

You can downgrade to 4.3.3, 4.3.4, or 4.3.5, if you have blobs NOW and your baseband will be downgraded to 04.10.01, but you must take note. Apple will release IOS5 next week and when they do, and finally close the window on 4.x. firmware, you will NOT be able to downgrade any more, even if you have saved blobs.
So you must downgrade within the next few days!

penanot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I have an ipad1 JB 4.3.3. Just have some glitch and I have some difficulty to recover it. I've got all the blob from Cydia. The problem is, why I keep getting Firmware update error from itunes? can somebody help me? my baseband is 07.11.01-6.4_M3S2.

TUVenom.jpg

Update: Restored to 4.3.5... Then, when I'm going to downgrade the firmware. Still the same. itunes says firmware error. This is the third time I downloaded the firmware without any error. Anybody has the solution for this issue?

thanks

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try getting the firmware from this link here (our download sticky): http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html. Make sure you get the correct version for your iPad...

And, have you followed the steps outlined in this tutorial/sticky? As in, every step done in the correct order?

Please follow the steps exactly, even if you think you've already got Tiny Umbrella set up right or the blobs correctly saved. If you walk through the tutorial as written, I'm very certain it will work for you.

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on.

Marilyn

penanot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks marilyn for your reply... i've already downloaded the firmware that gave before i posted my problem here. AFAIK I already follow every inch of the tutorial... Well, gues I have to try one more time I think... This is all because of the automenu 1.2.4 update... Loose all my apps and games... :(

penanot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
penanot said:
thanks marilyn for your reply... i've already downloaded the firmware that gave before i posted my problem here. AFAIK I already follow every inch of the tutorial... Well, gues I have to try one more time I think... This is all because of the actionmenu 1.2.4 update... Loose all my apps and games... :(

Currently downloading the firmware for the fourth times...

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
penanot said:
Currently downloading the firmware for the fourth times...

i can relate :) i was successful in downloading using a different network operator and a different computer.

penanot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i can relate :) i was successful in downloading using a different network operator and a different computer.

arghhhh... you're right... still the same problem. looks like i have to try on another computer...

failed.jpg

UPDATE: At last, thanks to f4780y, marilyn and 88raymond... Finally I can restore my ipad again... Thank you all and god bless you... I downloaded again the firmware using a desktop computer connected directly using LAN and finally it can recognise the firmware. BTW I restore the firmware using the latest itune 10.5... ;)

Last edited:

miakhi43

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the iPad 2 with 4.3.5 already on it can I still use tinyUmbrella to down grade to 4.3.3

Most reactions

Latest posts