What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs

mata7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thank you for this guide, i install a few crap on my ipad and start acting slow, so today i did my first restore and everything went well, i was a little scared to be honest but this guide make thinks really easy, so again thanks

M4rk1ll3r

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the guide - worked a treat once I read the instructions correctly :eek:

Might be worth highlighting that the IOS file you want to down grade to must be downloaded first (I missed this on the first sweep and it is a step 6 in another thread) then remind us noobs that the zip file will need to be re-named to an .ipsw file ;)

Jeez you don't expect everyone to use thier common sense do you :D

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

yahya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi

i have ipad 2 3gs ... and im trying to restore from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3 . and i get 1600 error . my firmware is 04.10.01
i did exalty wht say in tutorial :)
can i get some help ????

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

imipadnoob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have follow all the step without any error but at TU there is no 4.3.3 saved shsh in the selection...?

i using ipad 2 4.3.5 8l1 3g modem 4.10.01 and TU 5.00.11

Last edited:

andrewhtf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi sweetpoison,

if i downgrade to 4.3.4 is it possible to Untethered JB?

1. Do you have the SHSH for 4.3.4 to be able to downgrade?

2. No matter what is your answer for #1, sorry, no JB for ipad2 on 4.3.4 & 4.3.5

3. Have you even bothered to read the link provided by SweetPoison?

Wait for iOS5 and hope that someone manage to JB it! :D:D:D

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you go to the official Tiny Umbrella site, there's a link there to download a version of Tiny Umbrella that will work on a Mac. It's in the right-hand column and it's titled "Tiny Umbrella [OSX]"

Good luck.

Marilyn

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hallo, maybe it has ben answered, sorry to ask again but i don't want to risk anything as i definately need a jailbroken device.
I am on 4.3 8F191 jailbroken and planning to upgrade to a latest firmware to use the camera connection kit. Which version should that be? I have the blobs 4.3.3, 4.3.4 and 4.3.5. Is it safe?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The best firmware version you should use is the iOS 4.3.3 one. It's an UNtethered jailbreak that works on both the iPad1 and iPad2.

If you have an iPad2 (you don't mention which), that's also your ONLY option (4.3.3). If you have an iPad1, you could use iOS 4.3.5 to do a tethered jailbreak, but really, that's not needed. iOS 4.3.4 and 4.3.5 updates are not worth the trouble of dealing with a tethered jailbreak, especially if you have blobs and can use 4.3.3.

So, that said, the easiest thing to do is put your iPad into DFU mode, install iOS 4.3.3 and then cruise on over to JailbreakMe 3.0 (using Safari on your iPad) to jailbreak it. Use this very sticky to help guide you in that process...

Good luck.

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hallo, maybe it has ben answered, sorry to ask again but i don't want to risk anything as i definately need a jailbroken device.
I am on 4.3 8F191 jailbroken and planning to upgrade to a latest firmware to use the camera connection kit. Which version should that be? I have the blobs 4.3.3, 4.3.4 and 4.3.5. Is it safe?

If you have blobs for version 4.3.3 then that is the version to target. It is perfectly safe provided you follow the instructions. You may be best to restore to 4.3.5, then back to 4.3.3 if you have an iPad with 3G because the baseband may not install correctly if you try to go straight to 4.3.3.
If you simply have a wifi version however you can go straight to 4.3.3 from 4.3.

mindovermedia

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your quick answer! i have an ipad 2 so i choose the 4.3.3 untethered version. My other concern is can i fully transfer everything as it is, meaning apps, backups, game saves, pdfs in applications? As far as i know itunes sync is not enough. Is there also a tutorial for that?

Most reactions

Latest posts