What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs

catatonicalvin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the tutorial, i followed it but all the time i get an 1600 error while "preparing ipad for restore."

Ipad 2 3G 16 gb
Going from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3
Firmware 04.10.01

^ Guys, do you know how to fix error 1600? I would like to follow up this question. Thanks! :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the tutorial, i followed it but all the time i get an 1600 error while "preparing ipad for restore."

Ipad 2 3G 16 gb
Going from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3
Firmware 04.10.01

^ Guys, do you know how to fix error 1600? I would like to follow up this question. Thanks! :)

See Axxiz's post #17 in this thread for what he said he did to fix the problem you quoted: http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/39677-downgrade-ipad2-wifi-only-4-3-4-4-3-3-a-2.html

In addition, have you followed this tutorial exactly, with the most updated version of Tiny Umbrella? It works well for many (and I just used it the other day to clean restore my iPad).

OH, an additional two helpful hints:

1) Search is your friend

2) If you click on the member's name in a post, such as Axxiz, whom you quoted - the third line in the pop-up is a link to "Find More Posts By [member]." Clicking on that link would have led you to the post that I just said to view...

Good luck.

Marliyn

alumenta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Following the tutorial, i used TU 5.00.09 and keep getting this messages

Cannot Start TSS Service
DO NOT TRY RESTORING YOUR DEVICE!!!
TinyUmbrella MUST be run as an Administrator!

Anybody know how to get it to work properly on Windows XP?

thanks'

This means you have another program running on Windows which is acting as a web server and grabbing port 80. TU requires exclusive access to port 80 to run. You need to work out what it is and shut it down temporarily whilst you use TU.

Wow thanks f4780y, i search with netstat and found the program that using port 80, already kill it and now i can run the TSS Server.
But now i'm looking to upgrade to 4.3.3 from 4.2.1 (currently Apple only provide 4.3.5) I can't find the SHSH for 4.3.3 anymore.

In the LOG tab i got answer "APPLE is not signing iPad3G 4.3.3 (8J3) SHSH request anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not there is nothing you can do. "

Hmmm i know its late, but really? Is there still something i can do to get my iPad upgraded to 4.3.3 instead of 4.3.5 ?

thanks...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but no, Apple stopped signing iOS 4.3.3 a while ago. If you didn't get the SHSH blobs for 4.3.3 before they stopped signing it, then you cannot upgrade to 4.3.3.

Your only option - if you want to jailbreak - is to run a tethered jailbreak on iOS 4.3.5. And, that's only on iPad1s - those with the iPad2 don't even have that option.

Marilyn

pvalenci

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Replacement iPad came with 4.3.5

Apple replaced my iPad2 today and it has version 4.3.5. I had saved my 4.3.3 blob from my old one. Is there any way to use that blob to restore to the new iPad?

Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Apple replaced my iPad2 today and it has version 4.3.5. I had saved my 4.3.3 blob from my old one. Is there any way to use that blob to restore to the new iPad?

Thanks!

Nope, sorry, but blobs are device-specific (tied to the UDID, for one thing).

Marilyn

Q3castle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but TU just saved 4.3.5 and the iOS 5beta 1 2 and 3 what should I do ? and I try with my iPad 2 its the same it saved just 4.3.5 and the iOS 5 betas

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
but TU just saved 4.3.5 and the iOS 5beta 1 2 and 3 what should I do ? and I try with my iPad 2 its the same it saved just 4.3.5 and the iOS 5 betas

Yes, but that's all you are entitled to. You must have saved your 4.3.3 blobs when Apple was providing them, which was some time ago. TU just saves your blobs from Apple, it can't magic them up if Apple have stopped providing them. Please read our SHSH FAQ sticky in the hacking section for more info.

The tutorial does try and explain this -

Remember - without saved SHSH Blobs for the firmware you want to restore there is no way to restore it on your device. If you don't have them then sorry, you are out of luck.

Last edited:

Q3castle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
now I should wait till iOS 5 come out and then jailbreak it if there will be jailbreaks ?

JuniorBear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have been through the process without realising i had to save any shsh blobs for 4.3.5

and now i cant seem to restore my ipad at all, it wont turn on or do anything.

tiny umbrella shows nothing

im really worried!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have been through the process without realising i had to save any shsh blobs for 4.3.5

and now i cant seem to restore my ipad at all, it wont turn on or do anything.

tiny umbrella shows nothing

im really worried!

You already posted a thread ~ they will get to you. Don't worry, okay?:)

Most reactions

Latest posts