What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs

Jonsharkfin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

So can I downgrade modem firmware 2.0.4?

Thanks!

There's already a new version of TU, which arcoding to the developer fixes something related to CDMA iPads. So update to 5.00.09 and try again.

Thank you so much, Reef Shark and those who posted here!

Yesterday at 10PM EST, the latest TU was 5.00.08

Now, what do you know: 5.00.09

Cheers,

osucoop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a iPad2WIFI laoded with firmware 4.3 nd I'm trying to upgrade to 4.3.3 so that I can jailbreak my device. When I launch TU I get the following error:

08/02/2011 17:39:43.093 APPLE is NOT signing iPad2WIFI 4.3.3 (8J2) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do.

Looking at the general tab on TU I only have 4 SHSHs listed and one being 4.3.5

The restore continues with the IPAD in DFU mode, but when it reboots you get a windows errror message saying that a USB device malfunctioned and TU reports "DFU Device disconnected" and few minutes later iTunes throws error 1601. What are my options at this point? Thanks in advance.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a iPad2WIFI laoded with firmware 4.3 nd I'm trying to upgrade to 4.3.3 so that I can jailbreak my device. When I launch TU I get the following error:

08/02/2011 17:39:43.093 APPLE is NOT signing iPad2WIFI 4.3.3 (8J2) SHSH requests anymore. All you can do now is select CYDIA and hope that CYDIA has your SHSH saved. If not, there is nothing you can do.

Looking at the general tab on TU I only have 4 SHSHs listed and one being 4.3.5

The restore continues with the IPAD in DFU mode, but when it reboots you get a windows errror message saying that a USB device malfunctioned and TU reports "DFU Device disconnected" and few minutes later iTunes throws error 1601. What are my options at this point? Thanks in advance.

You are stuck with 4.3.5 and no jailbreak. Sorry. No alternatives.

matswansea

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!! I managed to restore ipad 2 gsm from 4.3.5 to 4.3.3!! Back to jailbreak apps and mods!! Thanks to all you "geeks" I am loving the Ipad (although I am not a fan of Mac OS).

Thanks to all of you.

pepe26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i used TU 5.00.09 to save my SHSH blobs today. my ipad 2 3g runs on 4.3.2 but the SHSH blobs i saved say 4.3.5 and 5.0.

am i doing something wrong or should i have gotten the SHSH blobs back in the day when the newer iOS updates (like 4.3.4 und 4.3.5) had not been released?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
i used TU 5.00.09 to save my SHSH blobs today. my ipad 2 3g runs on 4.3.2 but the SHSH blobs i saved say 4.3.5 and 5.0.

am i doing something wrong or should i have gotten the SHSH blobs back in the day when the newer iOS updates (like 4.3.4 und 4.3.5) had not been released?

Unfortunately, you're doing nothing wrong. And, yes, you should have gotten the blobs (e.g. 4.3.3 and 4.3.4) when Apple was signing them. Now that 4.3.5 is out - you can't saved the older version(s) blobs any longer (or use them either, for that matter).

Sorry.

Marilyn

wessam.Na

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i have 3G ipad 2 ios 4.3.5 baseband 40.10.1 i used :
itunes 10.4 , windows 7 , TU 5.0000.9 ,
i didnt add any thing to hosts file
finally done
thank you boss

pepe26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is anyone aware of any planned updates for ifaith that support ipad 2 ?

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
pepe26 said:
is anyone aware of any planned updates for ifaith that support ipad 2 ?

IFaith relies on having a bootrom exploit and there are none identified for iPad2 at this stage. Furthermore, blobs become irrelevant from ios5 onwards, therefore it is highly unlikely IMHO we will see an iFaith for iPad2 any time soon.

pepe26

iPF Noob
Reaction score
so there is more merrit in just keeping my eyes open for jailbreaks for iOS 4.3.2, 4.3.5 and 5.x

why oh why didnt i save my shsh blob a couple of weeks ago... let the waiting continue

Last edited:

alumenta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you run TinyUmbrella as an admin in Windows XP

Following the tutorial, i used TU 5.00.09 and keep getting this messages

Cannot Start TSS Service
DO NOT TRY RESTORING YOUR DEVICE!!!
TinyUmbrella MUST be run as an Administrator!

Anybody know how to get it to work properly on Windows XP?

thanks'

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you need to login to your computer as Administrator. Do you have administrator privileges - i.e. is it your computer?

Tim

alumenta

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, it is already logon as administrator.

I 've try also on other machine Win7 64bit, which i can right click and "run as administrator"... TU not even running.

Is there something i should do before running TU ?

Last edited:

cena

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can't jailbreak my iPad 3.2.2

Dear all,

Do you all know what problem with gs.apple.com doman for this week, cuz i try all the way to jailbreak my ipad1_3G like: all redsn0w with all iOS version, all sn0wbreez with all iOS version (all my error message is 3194). my last way is restore update online with latest version iOS 4.3.5 from iTunes it's still doesn't complete update. pls recommand to me to do it. Thank in advance.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Following the tutorial, i used TU 5.00.09 and keep getting this messages

Cannot Start TSS Service
DO NOT TRY RESTORING YOUR DEVICE!!!
TinyUmbrella MUST be run as an Administrator!

Anybody know how to get it to work properly on Windows XP?

thanks'

This means you have another program running on Windows which is acting as a web server and grabbing port 80. TU requires exclusive access to port 80 to run. You need to work out what it is and shut it down temporarily whilst you use TU.

Most reactions