TUTORIAL - Restore your iPad using TinyUmbrella and SHSH Blobs

Discussion in 'Jailbreaking & Hacking Tutorials & How-To Guides' started by f4780y, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Did you follow the instructions exactly as outlined in the first post of this thread? Specifically, did you follow the steps to set up Tiny Umbrella so it's pointed in the right direction? Yes, I know you already have saved blobs - it will not hurt to use Tiny Umbrella to ask for them again. That way, you guarantee that Tiny Umbrella is properly configured to help you restore to iOS 4.3.3.

I ask because I have used this method several times to re-jailbreak my iPad and have never had a problem... And error 3194 is typically because Tiny Umbrella is not pointing the right way...

Marilyn

2. hniHnitsuJ

hniHnitsuJ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Anyone advices what should I do next to able to see my Modem Firmware on General Tab.

Thanks,

3. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Do you have a 3G model iPad? You won't see these items on a wifi iPad as they only pertain to 3G models... Which 3G carrier are you contracted to?

4. hniHnitsuJ

hniHnitsuJ
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    My Ipad 2 only come with Wifi, no 3G.

5. Vladimirov91

Vladimirov91
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My Modem Firmware is 04.11.08 will i be able to downgrade? I have my SHSH blobs saved for every firmware. iPad 2 64 3g

6. f4780y

f4780y
    Expand Collapse
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You can downgrade to 4.3.3, 4.3.4, or 4.3.5, if you have blobs NOW and your baseband will be downgraded to 04.10.01, but you must take note. Apple will release IOS5 next week and when they do, and finally close the window on 4.x. firmware, you will NOT be able to downgrade any more, even if you have saved blobs.
    So you must downgrade within the next few days!

7. Vladimirov91

Vladimirov91
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Thank you!!! I successfully downgraded and i have my iPad back. You are awesome guys

8. SweetPoison

SweetPoison
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
  9. penanot

penanot
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hi, I have an ipad1 JB 4.3.3. Just have some glitch and I have some difficulty to recover it. I've got all the blob from Cydia. The problem is, why I keep getting Firmware update error from itunes? can somebody help me? my baseband is 07.11.01-6.4_M3S2.

TUVenom.jpg

Update: Restored to 4.3.5... Then, when I'm going to downgrade the firmware. Still the same. itunes says firmware error. This is the third time I downloaded the firmware without any error. Anybody has the solution for this issue?

thanks

#99 penanot, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  10. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Try getting the firmware from this link here (our download sticky): http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html. Make sure you get the correct version for your iPad...

And, have you followed the steps outlined in this tutorial/sticky? As in, every step done in the correct order?

Please follow the steps exactly, even if you think you've already got Tiny Umbrella set up right or the blobs correctly saved. If you walk through the tutorial as written, I'm very certain it will work for you.

Good luck and let us know how you are getting on.

Marilyn