What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak the iPad2 and iPad3 on 5.1.1 With Absinthe 2.0

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't understand what you mean by "your iPad needs to upload its battery." Could you explain a bit further on what you are trying to do?

Thanks.

Marilyn

inef

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I don't understand what you mean by "your iPad needs to upload its battery." Could you explain a bit further on what you are trying to do?

Thanks.

Marilyn

Sorry, I mean he needs to charge.

moheetdalvi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys I m new to iPad... Is it really worth jail breaking your iPad? If yes, what are the benefits?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just did the jailbreak on my 4S with Absinthe about 24 hours ago. Already LOVING the changes. I can't wait to jailbreak my iPad 2 after I get some sleep. (The jailbreak, as we know, takes like 5 seconds, but doing an iTunes backup takes FOREVER on my computer.)

Yay. :)

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Just did the jailbreak on my 4S with Absinthe about 24 hours ago. Already LOVING the changes. I can't wait to jailbreak my iPad 2 after I get some sleep. (The jailbreak, as we know, takes like 5 seconds, but doing an iTunes backup takes FOREVER on my computer.)

Yay. :)

Kewl!

I know you know, but now have a look at this thread for some great ideas on which tweaks to try/use: http://www.ipadforums.net/showthread.php?t=25824

And, since I'm here, let me recommend my three favorites for the iPad: iKeywi, SwipeSelect and BrowseInApp. They run beautifully...

Welcome to "the dark side"! :D

Marilyn

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kewl!

I know you know, but now have a look at this thread for some great ideas on which tweaks to try/use: Ultimate List of Jailbreak Tweaks

And, since I'm here, let me recommend my three favorites for the iPad: iKeywi, SwipeSelect and BrowseInApp. They run beautifully...

Welcome to "the dark side"! :D

Marilyn
I have a tab with that thread open in Chrome right now! And thanks for the suggestions!

zidane

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi.. this is a silly question, i am so new to JB and tweak. i have Cydia...
So i can download everything mentioned here by opening Cydia in my Ipad, right? I mean, Cydia can only be open in my IPad? right?
Or does it have a site like itunes where i can download/purchase everything and sync it to my ipad?

this is so embarassing...but i hope somebody answer me. thanks in advance...

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
zidane said:
hi.. this is a silly question, i am so new to JB and tweak. i have Cydia...
So i can download everything mentioned here by opening Cydia in my Ipad, right? I mean, Cydia can only be open in my IPad? right?
Or does it have a site like itunes where i can download/purchase everything and sync it to my ipad?

this is so embarassing...but i hope somebody answer me. thanks in advance...

Don't be embarrassed!! Yes, you can only get jailbroken apps and tweaks in Cydia. But when you open Cydia, you just have to do a "search" and they should come up. If they don't, in Cydia go to changes and update or refresh or whatever the option is.

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I am on 5.0.1 on iPad one , I jbed, I am trying to upgrade to 5.1.1 on iPad but when 50,60 % completed give error :( help me guys

OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am on 5.0.1 on iPad one , I jbed, I am trying to upgrade to 5.1.1 on iPad but when 50,60 % completed give error :( help me guys

Please tell us what error you are getting so we can try to help narrow down your issue. Thanks.

Marilyn

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is error

Attachments

• image-794608583.jpg
    image-794608583.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 332
OP
Mickey330

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh! Sorry, but you cannot do an over-the-air (OTA) update for the iOS on a jail broken iPad. You must update the jailbroken iPad using your computer and iTunes.

So, connect the iPad to iTunes, make a backup and then press the Restore button (on the main Summary tab). iTunes should then do the steps to upgrade it. Once it's done, don't put your backup on, select the set-up as new option.

Then, run the Absinthe jail break. Once it's done and your iPad is jail broken again, then you can hook the iPad back up to iTunes and select "Restore from Backup" after right clicking on the iPad (under devices). This action won't mess up your jail break, it'll just put all the apps, data and settings back on from the backup you made.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

Shihid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Oh! Sorry, but you cannot do an over-the-air (OTA) update for the iOS on a jail broken iPad. You must update the jailbroken iPad using your computer and iTunes.

So, connect the iPad to iTunes, make a backup and then press the Restore button (on the main Summary tab). iTunes should then do the steps to upgrade it. Once it's done, don't put your backup on, select the set-up as new option.

Then, run the Absinthe jail break. Once it's done and your iPad is jail broken again, then you can hook the iPad back up to iTunes and select "Restore from Backup" after right clicking on the iPad (under devices). This action won't mess up your jail break, it'll just put all the apps, data and settings back on from the backup you made.

Hope this helps.

Marilyn

I appreciate your help, let me try

Most reactions