What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak the iPad with IOS 6.0 to 6.1 using evasi0n

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A belated Thank You for the excellent instructions on jailbreaking the ipad with firmware 6.1.2. I did the jailbreak on March 19 at 10:00 AM and it could not have been any easier.

Regards, a grateful forum member.

You are very welcome. Thanks for the feedback and enjoy your jailbreak :D

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Dear,

Some question related to JB

1. Can I JB my iPad mini 6.1.3 ?
2. After JB is it possible sharing data between my iPad to non Apple device ( like Bluetooth, sharing etc)
3. After JB download apps, games from other sources like Cydia & other sites are pirated or genuine.

Thanks

Why not use ipf app it's awesome :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello Dear,

Some question related to JB

1. Can I JB my iPad mini 6.1.3 ?

No, I'm afraid a jail break for iOS 6.1.3 is not available at this time. I hear that one may be in the works, but as of right now, it's completely impossible. Sorry.

2. After JB is it possible sharing data between my iPad to non Apple device ( like Bluetooth, sharing etc)

Yes, if you could jail break, there are ways to use Bluetooth to communicate with other devices. But again, not on a stock device.

3. After JB download apps, games from other sources like Cydia & other sites are pirated or genuine.

Thanks

The only legal place to get games for the iPad is via the AppStore. Well, you can get a free from Cydia. But, getting games from any other place is not legally possible.

Marilyn

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn your quick reply

The only legal place to get games for the iPad is via the AppStore. Well, you can get a free from Cydia. But, getting games from any other place is not legally possible.

Marilyn

Sorry I mean everywhere in iPF forum whole team mentions "we not Support or help in piracy ", but Cydia also give pirated apps. So, is it not piracy ( sorry my English not good).

My another question is "Is it possible to downgrade iPad from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 ? "

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn your quick reply

Sorry I mean everywhere in iPF forum whole team mentions "we not Support or help in piracy ", but Cydia also give pirated apps. So, is it not piracy ( sorry my English not good).

My another question is "Is it possible to downgrade iPad from 6.1.3 to 6.1.2 ? "

Thanks in advance

To get the first part out of the way - no, it's not possible to downgrade to iOS 6.1.2. In fact, it's not possible to downgrade to any version of iOS 6. Sorry, but your only choices are to stay where you are or upgrade to iOS 7.

Now, about Cydia and piracy.

Cydia is merely a place where people can register (for lack of a better word) their web sites where people can then list all the packages they have for downloading (whether free or paid). When you jail break, by default you install Cydia. It comes with default repositories of sites that have been vetted to ensure they contain no piracy materials.

The problem starts when people steal games and such and offer them to the public. As Cydia does not control who can link to piracy sites, anyone can type in a piracy repository at Cydia and then be directed to a site where they can steal games (and other apps) to their heart's content.

As Cydia is the middleman, this behavior cannot be stopped. However, that still does not make it legal or ethical. An individual still has to deliberately type in and go to the piracy sites that offer stolen games and apps; it is not available by default when you first jail break.

So, it's not Cydia offering pirated apps, it's the pirate deliberately inputting sites/repositories to go steal apps. It's a distinction yes, but blaming Cydia for piracy is akin to blaming Google's search site for allowing people to find illegal and immoral stuff.

Bottom line is that we don't support piracy here and neither does the owner of Cydia. If someone chooses to be morally corrupt and deliberately use Cydia to input repositories so he or she can steal apps, no one can stop them. But we don't have to deal with them.

I hope this clarifies for you. Do let me know if you need more information.

Marilyn

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Marilyn,

I understand whole thing, before this I actually confuse about Cydia because somewhere I read ( may be blog or website ) Cydia increase piracy.

One last question if I take backup of iPad before upgrade to iOS 7 then whenever JB available for iOS 6.1.3 then I restore it. Is it possible ?

Once again thanks Marilyn for your kind & quick reply. :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...[snip]...

One last question if I take backup of iPad before upgrade to iOS 7 then whenever JB available for iOS 6.1.3 then I restore it. Is it possible ?

...[/snip]...

No, I'm afraid that's not possible, either. Once you've upgraded to iOS 7.x, you will have to stay there. You cannot downgrade to iOS 6.1.3. Sorry.

If you are waiting on a jail break, your best bet is to sit tight at iOS 6.1.3. If a jail break for that is released, then you can jail break it.

Or, if a jail break for iOS 7 is released first, you can upgrade to iOS 7 and then jail break it there.

By staying on iOS 6.1.3, you increase your chances of jail breaking because it means you are actually waiting on two different teams to reach a jail break.

Marilyn

Dita

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, I decided to staying on 6.1.3

One more benefit is mostly apps updated for iOS 7 before JB

Is it possible to download apps from apple store after JB ?

Thanks Marilyn for your helping nature & knowledge about iOS & apple device :)

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Jailbreak does not affect your stock features and settings. If anything, jailbreaking allows you to do what you normally do, but better or more efficiently. It's a safer bet to hold on to iOS 6.1.3/6.1.4 as iOS 7 has caused a lot of leaves to be rustled and caused a lot of people to be disgruntled because of what it has to offer. There would be a need for quite a bit of tweaks to "reverse" the changes of iOS 7.

Most reactions

Latest posts