What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak iPad2 4.3.3 with JBME 3.0

din_vl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.
If my iPad 2 was mistakenly updated to 4.3.4 :(
is there any way to jailbreak it?
Or maybe to downgrade to 4.3.3?
Thanks

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.
Thanks

Answered many times, would be best if you snoop around this forum, you will find your answer, check hacking section.

din_vl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello.
Thanks

Answered many times, would be best if you snoop around this forum, you will find your answer, check hacking section.

Ok. Thanks for quick answer and sorry for stupid question.
I have to give up on jailbreak for now.

mungra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jailbreak problem

Hello,

i have installed cydia on my ipad 2 but got an error message that cydia encountered a section with no package: header
they suggest to run apt-get update to correct this problems but i don't know how to do that
can you please help me with this ?

dharmvir

shri

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey i have ipad 2 32gb 3g is it safe to jailbreak my ipad as im on ios 4.3.3

ramparts

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought an iPad 2 on 4.3.3 and jailbroke with jailbreakme.com. Since it seems this method is now closed for future iOS versions, what's the story on jailbreaking going forward, when new versions of iOS are released and jailbroken? Will we have to use redsn0w or something else? Will that process delete music, installed Cydia apps, or anything else?

And tangentially related, but something that's bugged me for a while (I've used un-jailbroken iPhones for a while, and now it seems I may be dealing with restores more often): I manage my music manually (drag and drop), is there any way to backup which music I have, so if I have to restore my iPad I don't have to drag and drop everything all over again?

Thanks for all the useful help here everyone!

Sintaku

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just bought an iPad 2 on 4.3.3 and jailbroke with jailbreakme.com. Since it seems this method is now closed for future iOS versions, what's the story on jailbreaking going forward, when new versions of iOS are released and jailbroken? Will we have to use redsn0w or something else? Will that process delete music, installed Cydia apps, or anything else?

And tangentially related, but something that's bugged me for a while (I've used un-jailbroken iPhones for a while, and now it seems I may be dealing with restores more often): I manage my music manually (drag and drop), is there any way to backup which music I have, so if I have to restore my iPad I don't have to drag and drop everything all over again?

Thanks for all the useful help here everyone!

I doubt redsn0w will come out anytime soon. If they do find an exploit they will be aiming for the iOS 5 jailbreak. So you'll have to cross your fingers for any future iOS jailbreak, but I'd recommend you don't update.

I never really had to recover my iPad much, so I doubt you will be doing any more recoveries than normal.

Soleszfordayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quick question .... I have a iPad 1 originally 4.3.3 but it backup and upgraded to 4.3.4 .... How can I jailbreak the iPad 1 4.3.4

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Soleszfordayz said:
Quick question .... I have a iPad 1 originally 4.3.3 but it backup and upgraded to 4.3.4 .... How can I jailbreak the iPad 1 4.3.4

Only using redsn0w and it is a tethered jailbreak. See the jailbreaking methods sticky in the hacking section for more info.

MOI007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and a new user of IOS also since I just got a IPad2 (3G version, 4.3.3) to my wife. I already installed a couple of apps to the IPad2 thru' itune. Should I remove all my apps installed before using jailbreakme3.0? If yes, is there any easy way for me to re-install all these apps back to the IPad?

Please forgive my ignorance since I haven't used any other IOS devices. I read somewhere else that ppl. suggested restore (or reset??? I duno the difference) the IPad before JB.

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No, all you have to do is follow the tutorial. Being jailbroken enhances your ipad. It does not stop it from doing anything it can already do and does not mess with your apps or media that are already on there... You still sync with itunes just the same.
Check our stickies in the hacking section for more info.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am new to this forum and a new user of IOS also since I just got a IPad2 (3G version, 4.3.3) to my wife. I already installed a couple of apps to the IPad2 thru' itune. Should I remove all my apps installed before using jailbreakme3.0? If yes, is there any easy way for me to re-install all these apps back to the IPad?

Please forgive my ignorance since I haven't used any other IOS devices. I read somewhere else that ppl. suggested restore (or reset??? I duno the difference) the IPad before JB.

a restore will force you to update from 4.3.3 to 4.3.5, iPad 2 is only jailbreakable on 4.3.3(firmware).

MOI007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@f4780y & Poser

Many thx. to your prompt replies!!! Since this IPad is mostly used by my wife ;), I am so scared to brick the new IPad2 although it seems so easy to jb thru' jailbreakme3.0 by reading the tutorial. In addition, since I dun have back up of my 4.3.3 shsh there is no way back to 4.3.3 if I fail but only upgrade to 4.3.5.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@f4780y & Poser

Many thx. to your prompt replies!!! Since this IPad is mostly used by my wife ;), I am so scared to brick the new IPad2 although it seems so easy to jb thru' jailbreakme3.0 by reading the tutorial. In addition, since I dun have back up of my 4.3.3 shsh there is no way back to 4.3.3 if I fail but only upgrade to 4.3.5.

your iPad 2 will never brick, and jailbreakme will not do any harm to your device or warranty,.....if you ever have doubts or any issues, a simple restore to factory settings, which will update to the latest firmware and will put you back to stock iPad 2, and then you can restore from a backup to put back everything you had/have on there, except jailbreak/cydia stuff.

MOI007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thx, Poser.

One more stupid question: after jb if I connect IPad2 to my PC to sync with itune, back up or install apps thru' itune, is it ok? Just like usual except that I should disable IOS updating since I dun have 4.3.3 back up?

Most reactions

Latest posts