What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TUTORIAL - Jailbreak iPad2 4.3.3 with JBME 3.0

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Does jail breaking cause harm to the iPad, I mean like during the process. Because I'm really scared if something goes wrong

No. The jailbreak is only software. There is absolutely no way an iPad can be damaged by the jailbreak despite the scare stories you might have heard.
iPad's are impossible to brick and if you decide that you do not like the jailbreak for whatever reason you can simply restore your iPad using iTunes and it will be wiped clean and back to factory settings leaving no trace that is was ever jailbroken.

Please have a read of our stickies in the hacking section for more info, starting here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

H

hazi1610

f4780y said:
No. The jailbreak is only software. There is absolutely no way an iPad can be damaged by the jailbreak despite the scare stories you might have heard.
iPad's are impossible to brick and if you decide that you do not like the jailbreak for whatever reason you can simply restore your iPad using iTunes and it will be wiped clean and back to factory settings leaving no trace that is was ever jailbroken.

Please have a read of our stickies in the hacking section for more info, starting here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2838-jailbreak-explained-new-updated-2011-a.html

That's what I did, unjailbroke and restored, cept it forces you to update to 4.3.4 which didn't bother me as I wanted to remove temptation to jailbreak again for now. Lol.

From Alison, Sent from my iPad using iPF

info

iPF Novice
Reaction score
hazi1610 said:
...I'm really not that bothered about jailbreak and did notice it was slower after applying it. Not that drastically but enough for me to want it back to how it was...
Oh? That's news, I wasn't aware that jailbreaking slowed things down.

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
Oh? That's news, I wasn't aware that jailbreaking slowed things down.

It sometimes can, noticed on iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 not an issue, but this iPad 2 is really fast, mad fast, and then there is fakeclockup.

H

hazi1610

Poser said:
It sometimes can, noticed on iPhone 3G, iPhone 4 not an issue, but this iPad 2 is really fast, mad fast, and then there is fakeclockup.

fakeclockup? What's that? Lol

Esha18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
info said:
I'm going to defer to the people that know about this. I am not a jailbreaker yet and have similar concerns. :)

Oh really, if you do find out from other people, can you get back to me because I'm thinking about jail breaking my iPad too. Thanks a lot.

Carioca_FL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I’ve recently got an iPad 2 and I’m ready to Jailbreak it, but I’ve got some questions:

- Is backing up via iTunes enough? Do I need to worry about SHSH blobs and whatnot? Would any of that prevent me from removing the JB?
- Should there be a hardware issue where I’m unable to use the iPad, is it possible to remove the JB? If so, can anyone point me to a resource?
- Re. Winterboard themes –anyone using them? I’ve read about some of the issues, and I’m not too sure if I want to even try it.
- Is there a resource of Cydia apps and tweaks, including descriptions, reviews, etc?

Thanks in advance!

OP
f4780y

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve recently got an iPad 2 and I’m ready to Jailbreak it, but I’ve got some questions:

- Is backing up via iTunes enough? Do I need to worry about SHSH blobs and whatnot? Would any of that prevent me from removing the JB?
- Should there be a hardware issue where I’m unable to use the iPad, is it possible to remove the JB? If so, can anyone point me to a resource?
- Re. Winterboard themes –anyone using them? I’ve read about some of the issues, and I’m not too sure if I want to even try it.
- Is there a resource of Cydia apps and tweaks, including descriptions, reviews, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome. We love new members even more if they search a little before they post! :)

1. You should sync with iTunes. That backup is more than enough to keep you safe.
2. You should save SHSH Blobs because it is good practice, but there is no rush at the moment. You can only save 4.3.4 and they are of no real use to you today. But you should get round to it at some point...
3. If you run into any problems, you can simply restore your iPad2 using iTunes. However you should note that in your case, that will restore 4.3.4 and you will NOT be able to jailbreak that version as things stand. So, because you have no saved blobs for 4.3.3 (and can't get them now) if you choose to restore you give up your ability to jailbreak again for the time being.
4. Yes, we have a themes section. Have a look - iPad Themes - Apple iPad Forum
5. Yes, we have an apps section. Have a look at our Ultimate List - http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak-applications-tweaks/25824-ultimate-list-jailbreak-tweaks.html

Hope that helps. And please remember... have a good look around, particularly at the stickies and search! Also, please post your own thread, rather than hijacking another for you questions. Thanks! :D

Carioca_FL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh man, I know and after I posted that, I felt I should've searched more. I did go through this thread (rather quickly, though), but still felt a bit uneasy.

Nonetheless, I'll still give it shot (hopefully tonight) and report back.

Thanks for the welcome and wish me luck!

H

hazi1610

Poser said:
it speeds up iOS, i don't try it yet though.
but others say it really works, and i believe them, cause i just didn't listen to 1 person.

I downgraded to 4.3.3 and have jail broken again, am looking for the fakeclockup app/tweak on Cydia but can't find it anywhere. Could sombobody point me to it please?

Many thanks

Poser

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Poser said:
it speeds up iOS, i don't try it yet though.
but others say it really works, and i believe them, cause i just didn't listen to 1 person.

I downgraded to 4.3.3 and have jail broken again, am looking for the fakeclockup app/tweak on Cydia but can't find it anywhere. Could sombobody point me to it please?

its good that you chose to be jailbroken, this way you get what apple gives you in iOS, and more from the jailbreak community, to enhance the use of your device, its fun. I know you are new, and it takes a while to really see what you would be missing if you stayed stock, but there is a lot of tweaks and themes people enjoy to have, and i personally would be lost without them.
When i got my ipad 2(launch day), already have the ipad 1, i kept the ipad 2 in the box for about 2 months before i got the urge to even set it up, because of no jailbreak. Happy now tho.....

apparently fakeclockup doesn't physically speed up your system, it kinda does it in a smooth way, but people do see it.
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24553-fakeclockup.html

Last edited:
H

hazi1610

Poser said:
its good that you chose to be jailbroken, this way you get what apple give you, and more from the jailbreak community, to enhance the use of your device, its fun. I know you are new, and it takes a while to really see what you would be missing if you stayed stock, there is a lot of tweaks and themes people enjoy to have, and i personally would be lost without them.
When i got my ipad 2(launch day), already have the ipad 1, i kept the ipad 2 in the box for about 2 months before i got the urge to even set it up, because of no jailbreak. Happy now tho.....

Coming from an android phone, I didn't know if I would like apple but I love it, jail broken or not. iPhone next. Lol.

Still can't find fakeclockup anywhere though :-((

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Still can't find fakeclockup anywhere though :-((

Ah, that's because we hide it from new jail breakers until they ask! ;) :D

But, seriously, it's in a different repository than the "stock" ones you get from the first load/run of Cydia.

Add this to your Sources in Cydia: http:// hitoriblog.com/apt/. Once you've added it, and it finishes loading, then you can search/find FakeClockUp.

Make sure there's no space in the address (I didn't want the forum software to make this a link). And, if you need help adding the repo - give a shout back. Suits?

Marilyn

H

hazi1610

Mickey330 said:
Ah, that's because we hide it from new jail breakers until they ask! ;) :D

But, seriously, it's in a different repository than the "stock" ones you get from the first load/run of Cydia.

Add this to your Sources in Cydia: http:// hitoriblog.com/apt/. Once you've added it, and it finishes loading, then you can search/find FakeClockUp.

Make sure there's no space in the address (I didn't want the forum software to make this a link). And, if you need help adding the repo - give a shout back. Suits?

Marilyn

Many thanks, you were beaten to it by somebody else and I now have it. Lol. It's made it lightning fast, unbelievable.

I'm having so much fun tonight since jail breaking again. Lol

Most reactions