What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turns out CNN didn't like the keynote for iPad2

ipadgamer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.gamesontheipad.com
Just reading this story on CNN Fortune...sorry if it's been posted already.

Turns out the facts in the keynote given by Steve Jobs weren't entirely accurate.

"I have a lot of respect for Steve Jobs and Apple's products. It's just a shame that all the truth-bending destroys the keynotes." - Seth Weintraub CNN Writer

Here is the article:

Steve Jobs' reality distortion takes its toll on truth - Google 24/7 - Fortune Tech

Drag Bunt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Stand by for the "I'm an iPad." "And I'm a Xoom/Tab/Streak." ads. :D

BTW, what IS the RAM and camera resolutions on the new iPad? Just asking......

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I noticed that when the article came up, it was sponsored by Google. If God himself came down and blessed Steve Jobs or the iPad 2, there are those who would claim it did not happen, or that it was the Devil in disguise.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very interesting article. Reading the comments on it had me laughing..lmfao

freebirdforever

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
senshudo.tv
Seadog said:
I noticed that when the article came up, it was sponsored by Google. If God himself came down and blessed Steve Jobs or the iPad 2, there are those who would claim it did not happen, or that it was the Devil in disguise.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Wonder how much they paid cnn. Lol

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So are you claiming that Jobs might not have bent the facts a little bit? It doesn't really matter what advertising banner is on top of the page if the assertions the author is making are correct does it?

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Well, to continue with the Biblical analogy, it does say in the second book of Corinthians chapter 11 and verses 13-15 that:

"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works."

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am sure that the facts according to Apple are not what their rivals might say, but the article nitpicked every detail like a lawyer in court fighting a lost cause and not having anything to work with.

Most reactions