What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

turning on my ipad2 first time, help

Proxor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okey, so i turning on my ipad2 now for the first time, but all that comes up on the screen is a picture of a usb cable with a arrow pointing to a itunes logo, nothing more hapends.

OP
P

Proxor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
think i anderstand some of it, i have to connect the usb to pc then download itunes? but im at work now and dont want to sync to itunes on this work computer now, how do i skip this to start use my ipad2

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not aware you can skip it.....unless you have an Apple Store nearby, they will do it for you.......otherwise, download the latest version of iTunes before you plug the iPad in.

The Archangel

Bossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's telling you that you need to connect your iPad to your PC using the white cable that came with it. Make sure that iTunes is installed on the PC first and any updates are installed.

When you first connect your PC will load drivers to allow it to connect. This will happen automatically so just let it carry on.

If iTunes isn't already open the iPad should open it but I recommend opening it manually when first setting up.
You will be given instructions as the iPad connects to iTunes and it allows you to name it yourself if you wish.

After following the instructions it will backup the iPad and synchronise with iTunes. Any music loaded into iTunes will be copied onto the iPad.

During the process your iPad will display it's usual screen for the first time. Don't interrupt it till it says synchronisation is complete. Alongside the iPad name in iTunes is a small icon looking like an arrow. Right click on it and select eject. This ensures a clean disconnect but shouldn't be necessary if synch is complete.

Disconnect the cable and enjoy the wonderful world of iPad!!

OP
P

Proxor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
okey thanks, i got into the ipad by downloading itunes on a computer and connect it to the ipad.
But having trouble creating a itunes account, in the end after typing payment information i dont get any futher, it say tap continue to complete or something like that then it djust goes a while and it say it again, i got no continue only next og back, and it is next i press but cant go futher. have tryed on a computer and on the ipad2. same thing, i selected visa card and entered the correct information.

OP
P

Proxor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have gotten a verefy mail to verefy my mail, and that is complete.
when i try my id/password to download something i get this:
This Apple id has not yet been used before in the ITunes store. tap review to sign in, then review your account information.

then i tap review and end up on the last field of registration where i enter my payment information pressing next then i get a message over the payment info: Tap Continue to sign in (marked red)
but there are no continue to tap there?? only next and back. i press next and i dont get any futher..

canon714

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Something is wrong with it. Send it to me and I will fix it and send it back to you. Lol

verwon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you've synced and let it do it's thing, you probably have already updated to the latest version. You can see it in the main screen, by selecting your iPad, when it's hooked up, in the left sided pane of iTunes.

Mistress of Mischief

OP
P

Proxor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
manage to complete registration of itunes acc when i used another credit card, no idea why the other dident work.
i found out ios trou the main computer, 4.3.5

Bossman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The easiest way to check the iOS version is when you are synching the iPad. Select the device in iTunes and the front page shows the status including version.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bossman said:
The easiest way to check the iOS version is when you are synching the iPad. Select the device in iTunes and the front page shows the status including version.

Or on the iPad......Settings>About then look at version in the list.

The Archangel

OP
P

Proxor

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes thanks, all is fine now and i love my ipad2 :D

djust wondering if i like find pictures i like on the web, and want to save it to the ipad2 is that possibel?

Most reactions

Latest posts