What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn off caps lock key, forever!

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
IPad Pro 2017

Yes, I’ve turned off the caps lock key in settings, has no effect at all. Suffered with this in IOS 10, and made the unwarranted assumption it would be fixed in 11. No such luck. I’m about ready to remove it with an Xacto knife - Help appreciated , IM

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hold in mind that the Enable Caps Lock is only for the touch keyboard. It enables the double tap of the Shift Key to turn on Caps Lock. On smaller iPads this shows as a different icon and highlighting of the shift key. On the 12.9 inch iPad it toggles the actual Caps key (shown by highlighitng).

I'm guessing the only reason it's there on the 12.9" iPad is for the people who are used to double tapping the shift key.

The setting has no effect on physical keyboards. Not even Apple's Smart Keyboard. If this is what you are talking about, it's not a bug, it's by design.

If you are talking about something else, please provide more details.

OP
Imageman

Imageman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hold in mind that the Enable Caps Lock is only for the touch keyboard. It enables the double tap of the Shift Key to turn on Caps Lock. On smaller iPads this shows as a different icon and highlighting of the shift key. On the 12.9 inch iPad it toggles the actual Caps key (shown by highlighitng).

I'm guessing the only reason it's there on the 12.9" iPad is for the people who are used to double tapping the shift key.

The setting has no effect on physical keyboards. Not even Apple's Smart Keyboard. If this is what you are talking about, it's not a bug, it's by design.

If you are talking about something else, please provide more details.

WOW, thank you twerppoet. I love a straight answer. I made no distinction between the screen keyboard and the Smart Keyboard. I guess I’ll have to be more careful. Blessed to have this gorgeous iPad Pro - Best, Bob

Most reactions

Latest posts