What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turn my old iPad into a 3rd PC monitor

zzz13

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My old iPad (which cannot be updated past iOS 5.1.1) is a waste of space at this point. I can't download but a few apps that don't work well. I want to turn my iPad into a 3rd display to show things like network statistics or pc diagnostics. I tried Splashtop, but it will not allow me to use it with my two hard wired monitors. I cannot find anything on the app store, so I'm assuming it will take a little more doing. Any suggestions would be very helpful.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no hardware support for video out on the iPad. In theory, you might be able to use the USB signal's but that would require an app on the iPad, special hardware on the video monitor side, and would only work with that one app.

The best you can do is use the iPad itself as a display. Just displaying a self-updating website would be easiest, but there are dashboard style apps, however I'm not sure which, if any, still work with iOS 5.x and the iPad 1.

Most reactions

Latest posts