What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tunes missing after sync

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought a recording of two piano concertos, three movements each, and have been enjoying them on my iPhone 4. I recently sync'd for the first time to my new home computer (PC) using a newly installed iTunes. I DID remember to upload my new purchase before sync. But when I authorized my new computer and tried to play this selection the first movement of the first concerto was missing. I was upset to find that it was also missing on my iPhone! When I tried to download it again from the iTunes store I got the message "You have already purchased this tune. Do you want to purchase it again?"

Does this work like apps, where I wouldn't actually be charged? Or would I end up paying again? I have two questions: how could a single movement, one of six, be lost in this way? In other words, what could I have done wrong? And... How can I get my music back without paying for it again?

TIA

Roger

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know how you lost them, but when you try to download them again, it will ask you if you want to purchase it, then you enter your password, and then it will say you have already purchased this, do you want to download it again., just say yes. This is how it works for apps, anyway. Therefore I assume that's how it works for music, don't know for sure as I never download music from the app store. I buy the CD and load them into iTunes, that way I always have them available no matter what happens to iTunes or the app store.

OP
Roger1122

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Then you know about as much as I do. It actually asked me if I wanted to purchase it AGAIN, which is why I asked!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes you are good to go. Music can be redownloaded as well.

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I lost my album after restore and deleted the songs and re downloaded them with no problems. I am talking about iTunes.

OP
Roger1122

Roger1122

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
I lost my album after restore and deleted the songs and re downloaded them with no problems. I am talking about iTunes.

Thanks, that's a relief. Sorry I was late with my reaction--I had notifications turned off by mistake!

Roger

Most reactions