What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tsunami in Japan

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An 8.9 earthquake just hit Japan and caused an 8-10meter high Tsunami. I hope members from this forum are alright. God bless!

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been talking to my friend in Sapporo which is north of Tokyo and he felt them. He is safe and in the mountains.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It kind of puts it all in perspective that on the one hand, the hype and mania over the release of the iPad has been building for weeks, and then something like the Sendai earthquake just happens which (to me at least) highlights how trivial some things (esp technology things) really are.

japan-earthquake-tsunami2-600x374.jpg

Last edited:

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It kind of puts it all in perspective that on the one hand, the hype and mania over the release of the iPad has been building for weeks, and then something like the Sendai earthquake just happens which (to me at least) highlights how trivial some things (ESP technology things) really are.

japan-earthquake-tsunami2-600x374.jpg

x2 well said. Thoughts and prayers to all impacted and assisting in the relief efforts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Agreed. Hope everyone here on forums is safe. My heart goes out to the families.
We had a bit of tsunami adventure along the coast and bay here in California.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was a Japanese exchange student when I was 14 and have been there many times, most recently last December, and have many friends there.

I haven't heard from all of them, but I'm optimistic that they're all right. On the other hand, and I don't mean to trivialize the magnitude of the disaster, the Japanese are arguably the best-prepared country in the world to respond and handle disaster relief efforts. (There's even a full-blown wiki already up which describes the incident.)

OP
j0yful

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
col.bris said:
You are in the Philippines I hope you are on high ground as well
thanks, Col.
SweetPoison said:
I just read about it! Stay safe, Joy!
thanks Marie.
tzimisce said:
I was a Japanese exchange student when I was 14 and have been there many times, most recently last December, and have many friends there.

I haven't heard from all of them, but I'm optimistic that they're all right. On the other hand, and I don't mean to trivialize the magnitude of the disaster, the Japanese are arguably the best-prepared country in the world to respond and handle disaster relief efforts. (There's even a full-blown wiki already up which describes the incident.)
try the google people finder. CNN recommended this .Hope they are all fine.

Tsunami alert was lifted last night. i hope the 50 regions are all safe now.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, I think I will hear very quickly through the alumni network if there's any significant (bad) news.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
Actually, I think I will hear very quickly through the alumni network if there's any significant (bad) news.

Found out yesterday that my in-laws were in Japan at the time of the earthquake, but they're ok (very far from the epicenter of the quake). They'll be flying home in a couple of days.

harry_japan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's been a while but until now the Japanese people are so worried about it! actually I live in Japan about seven years and this earthquake was the most terrible thing I that I have felt!
I live far from that area but the impact was so strong that the whole country felt that! this certainly is one thing ha I don't want feel again:(

Most reactions

Latest posts