What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tryng read 3gA file

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxxo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i m tryng to read 3ga files from my Ipad. but still doesn t work. any solution please?

Sent from my iPad using Bird

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Maxxo - welcome to the forum! :) I've been to Italy on 2 occasions & had a wonderful time(s) & food!

I was curious about a .3GA file extension, and had to do some searching; answer HERE for those interested; appears to be the 'audio' portion of a multi-media file format; quoted below from Apple support are the audio specs of the iPad which does not include this file extension.

So the .3GA file will need to be converted to one recognized by the iPad, such as MP3. There are a lot of Google hits using '3GA to MP3 file converter' in the search; you may also want to check the Apple App store to see what may be available to put on the iPad - sorry, but I've not dealt w/ this conversion, so have no specific recommendation - hopefully others will 'chime in' - good luck!

Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV

OP
M

maxxo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ohhh thank u finally someone find news about this !!. ok about some browser that will convert The 3ga file (that i will can also trasform directly in 3gp, most simply to convert).
but another problem yet its not solved: The fact that i even can t save it inside my Ipad the 3ga file with sfw like ifile.
i wanna say i sent to myself The 3ga file by mail. but i can t save it on my Ipad for late upload on web with some tweak for The convertion, cause Ipad say to me that he dosen t know it. so it let me don t save The file.
so, first, what app will let me save The 3ga inside my Ipad?? :)

sent from my iPad using Bird

it s a bit even strange cause i wanna say i m The first man in The world that wanna listen a file sent by whatsapp from an android device? :)

Last edited:

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi again Maxxo - for myself facing this issue, I would find a conversion program (via a search engine, such as Google) to put on my laptop computer and then convert the .3GA file to one of the audio codecs recognized by the iPad; this converted file(s) could be synced to the iPad via iTunes, and then played on the 'Music App' - NOW, I've not gone through this process but believe that it would work - may not be 'what' you want to do and there may be 'easier' ways, just don't know?

Sorry that I cannot help you more than the above; hopefully, other members more knowledgeable in this area will 'chime in' - good luck!

OP
M

maxxo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi dear, surely this way its The mostly simple, i m interested to know if i can do everythin from Ipad ;)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
hi dear, surely this way its The mostly simple, i m interested to know if i can do everything from iPad ;)

Hello Maxxo - just getting back online for the evening (i.e. in North Carolina, east coast USA) - :)

I understand your wish above, and would be the simplest solution, but I'm not sure that an iPad app exists that can achieve that audio codex conversion on the iPad - but this is outside my expertise, and others will need to 'chime in' to help.

Sorry, but not sure that I can provide any further guidance than already suggested. BUT, if you discover a solution yourself that is simpler than the one I suggested, please post back here - others may be in the same dilemma - Dave

OP
M

maxxo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The most i need, at first, its an app or tweak that let me save the file into my IPAD ;) i will try :)

Sent from my virtualbird using Tappapappa talk

Last edited:

July Hodge

iPF Noob
Reaction score
you need to first convert y 3ga file to ipad compatible mp3 format, then you can play it.

i recommend you a powerful tool,just google search how to convert .3ga to .mp3

very useful;)

Villacdtj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firstly, iPad doesn't support 3ga format file.The more compatible format of iPad is mp3.

Secondly, rename the extension from .3ga to .mp3 or .3gp, then you can play it on iPad.

Thirdly, but this way doesn't always work. In this case, using a 3ga to mp3 converter like Faasoft Video Converter is your best choice.

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Firstly, iPad doesn't support 3ga format file.The more compatible format of iPad is mp3.

Secondly, rename the extension from .3ga to .mp3 or .3gp, then you can play it on iPad.

Thirdly, but this way doesn't always work. In this case, using a 3ga to mp3 converter like Faasoft Video Converter is your best choice.

It is not needed to buy a convertor. From what I understand, the telephone companies needed a file format into which users of phones could put sound files, and perhaps video files as well. They seemed to have selected the mp4 codec, and renamed it to 3GA (3G Audio).

Change the extension to mp4. Open it in iTunes and it will play. iTunes can also convert it to mp3. I have also seen comments in other forums that VLC will open and convert these files. One easy process would be to send the file to your DropBox email address (or other of that type of cloud service) from your original phone. Then change the extension inside DropBox, and download it into your iPad's DropBox, and open it in the music player you use.

:eek: I hope this works! I have not done it myself.

scottnrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It is not needed to buy a convertor. From what I understand, the telephone companies needed a file format into which users of phones could put sound files, and perhaps video files as well. They seemed to have selected the mp4 codec, and renamed it to 3GA (3G Audio).

Change the extension to mp4. Open it in iTunes and it will play. iTunes can also convert it to mp3. I have also seen comments in other forums that VLC will open and convert these files. One easy process would be to send the file to your DropBox email address (or other of that type of cloud service) from your original phone. Then change the extension inside DropBox, and download it into your iPad's DropBox, and open it in the music player you use.

:eek: I hope this works! I have not done it myself.

i have tried your method, but i cannot even import the 3ga to itunes, let alone to convert them to mp3, and i also tried to rename the extension from .3ga to .mp3 but not working.
now it seems that i have no other choice but to use a converter like iDealshare VideoGo though cost money but worked

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have tried your method, but i cannot even import the 3ga to itunes, let alone to convert them to mp3, and i also tried to rename the extension from .3ga to .mp3 but not working.
now it seems that i have no other choice but to use a converter like iDealshare VideoGo though cost money but worked

My method does not send 3Ga to iTunes. It sends it to any location where you can edit the extension, changing it to mp4 NOT mp3. Then load the mp4 into iTunes. Did you try that? Changing 3Ga to mp3 will NOT work.

Last edited:

chinajon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i m tryng to read 3ga files from my Ipad. but still doesn t work. any solution please?

I tested the following methods and both methods worked.

Get .3ga to computer. This could be via email or download through the cloud such as DropBox.
Change extension .3ga to .mp4
When I double clicked the mp4 file, it opened in VLC and sounded normal.
When I dragged the mp4 to iTunes it opened and sounded normal.

Then in iTunes under the File menu I "Create New Version" to mp3. It worked and was put into iTunes' "Unknown Album, Unknown Artist" folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions