What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to update jb from 4.3.1 to 4.3.2

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad1 which was jailbroken using redsn0w on version 4.3.1.

Today I decided to upgrade to 4.3.2, so this is what I did:

1. Install pkgbackup and backup to dropbox
2. Sync with iTunes to do backup of everything else.
3. Update firmware to 4.3.2 - this removed the jailbreak.
4. Download the latest version of redsn0w and the firmware from the sticky thread above.
5. Attempt to re-jailbreak.

This is where I am stuck. Redsn0w says it doesn't recognise the firmware file I downloaded, which is most definitely 4.3.2 and I can't get any further. Any advice what to do next?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK. Things to check. Is it the right redsn0w? Only the latest, rc14 I think, does 4.3.2. Previous ones won't recognise it.
If it is rc14, then it is the firmware that is wrong. Either you have downloaded the wrong file. Did you get it from our sticky thread in the hacking section? If not, download it from there. It should be a file named iPad1,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw
If you are convinced it is the right file, and I urge you to double check, then it probably cut short on download. If the file is incomplete it just won't work. It should be 607,568KB in length.

It can only be those 2 things. Wrong version of redsn0w or wrong / corrupt IPSW file.

Hope that helps.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Instead of downloading the ipsw, just use the one you updated to. Thats what I always do because I have VERY slow Internet. And it prevents confusion like this.

OP
Q

Quicksilver71

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. It turned out the file hadn't fully downloaded. I downloaded it again and it is all good now. JB completed and then I left pkgbackup to restore overnight. All seems to be as it was before now :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Quicksilver71 said:
Thanks everyone. It turned out the file hadn't fully downloaded. I downloaded it again and it is all good now. JB completed and then I left pkgbackup to restore overnight. All seems to be as it was before now :)

Glad to hear you got it working.

Most reactions

Latest posts