What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to play iTunes movie on tv

psphelan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
:thumbs hi just got iPad2as present. Love it. Slightly miffed after downloading a movie on iTunes ,buying VGA adaptor , and finding it won't allow me to play on tv. Have just ordered composite cable as I read this will work
Still love the iPad.

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure why it is not wrong or you, I have iPad 2 plus the VGA connector hooked up to a VGA cable to my TV. Are you using the genuine Apple adapter or a generic one?

Remember, you need to select your PC input on the TV to get the VGA connection. You should get your iPad screen up on the TV (mirroring), then when playing in the Video app, it should play only on the TV.

OP
P

psphelan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am able to play Netflix and other movies but it won't allow me to play a movie I purchased on iTunes. It says the monitor selected is not authorised to play the move. I have read on Internet that it is a protection issues for HDMC or something similar. However supposed to work with composite connection. Will post when it arrives.

Most reactions

Latest posts