1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Trying to figure out what dvd ripping program I can choose?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by matthow, Oct 15, 2010.

1. matthow

matthow iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [FONT=&quot]I don't want to “pirate†any movies, but would like to rip DVD Prince of Persia that I bought into my computer so I can put them on my iPad.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Any ways to rip copy protected DVD’s with many chapters/episodes etc?[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Which software allows me to do it? Any suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. [/FONT]
  2. gsr1379

gsr1379 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    on the mac. I use Handbrake. I did have a few issues when some of my movies and I had to use Mactheripper
  3. Prasius

Prasius iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Makemkv to rip, and then convert using handbrake - The reason I do this is so I can rip a number of DVD's and then queue the mV's to convert them in handbrake without me having to do anything for a few days.

Both are free, and I haven't had any failures with makemkv yet with regards to copy protection. (obviously only on DVD's I continue to own).
  4. sunking

sunking iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Simple...Handbrake...
  5. matthow

matthow iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    [FONT=&quot]Thanks for all of your recommendations. I have tried Handbrake and Mactheripper, uha, they really helps a lot, [/FONT][FONT=&quot]But the only problem I knew of were MacTheRipper which doesn’t get all DVDs and Handbrake paired with VLC. I read a review from CNET, http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-19512_7-20019719-233.html?tag=mncol, sounds not bad. Anyone heard of before? [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]