What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying to delete apps, "x" doesn't appear

tmvernon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trying to delete apps n my iPad mini by 1) pressing until icons wiggle 2) waiting for "x" to appear -- but "x" never appears, though they're a-wiggling. Any other way to delete?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Two possibilities.

One: Not all apps are delete-able. The apps that came with the iPad can not be deleted. They will never show an (x) in jiggle mode.

Two: You've got Deleting Apps turned off in Settings > General > Restrictions. You'll need your four digit restrictions passcode to make changes there. If the code is not set (and you set it) be sure not to forget it. The only way back in without the code is a clean restore of the iPad.

OP
tmvernon

tmvernon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, Twerppoet, I think you are spot on regarding restrictions. Now I just have to get the correct passcode - I don't remember setting it. :eek:(

OP
tmvernon

tmvernon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Took me 24 tries... But finally hit upon the correct passcode

Most reactions