What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troubleshooting BSNL 3G for Ipad

sidp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Guys need some help. I purchased a Ipad 3G for my mother in Gurgaon, and got a BSNL microsim for her. After much waiting, it was activated and now with Bsnlnet as the APN setting, she is seeing the Dolphin logo on the Ipad but there is no connectivity. Can you please help?

msc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello. I too have a similar Problem as sidip. I picked up a BSNL 3G microsim for my ipad from Gurgaon, India a few months ago and after a few hiccups the service did start successfully for a good almost 5-6 months (without even recharging it once after the initial recharge of Rs.999/-)! Eventually I came to know that BSNL offered a scheme for introductory purchases of 1gigs download for 6months Free!! During this period I received exceptionally good service while in home circle or roaming almost everywhere I travelled with excellent speeds.
Now since last month I am receiving the signals of good strength, service provider I'd (IN-Dolphin or Cellone) BUT no '3G' icon next to the I'd. I tried a recharge in the middle of last month and the service resumed immediately making me presume that the reason was not enough funds in the account. This recharge was to last 30 days but the services stopped again ( 3G icon went missing) from the midnight of 30th of last month. I presumed it was the previous problem of recharge and promptly got the recharge a couple of days ago... But still No Joy.
I have registered this matter with the BSNL CC but as expected.. no after sales!!!
Could there be an issue with the settings since during this period I have started using alternate services from Reliance and since then this problem of no 3G icon with BSNL sim has started. Could there be a conflict or a bad sim issue.
Can anyone help please? MSC.

Most reactions