troubleshoot the wi-fi on my iPad

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by landeat87, Jul 1, 2015.

1. landeat87

landeat87
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Three month ago i bought iPad Air on bestshop-usa.com, used it without problems and gave it to my 11-years old daughter. So now my iPad works so slow and something happened with wi-fi connection. I wanted to ask how better troubleshoot the wi-fi on my iPad ?

2. giradman

giradman
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide some more information: 1) What iOS is installed (newest version is 8.4); 2) Did your daughter damage the iPad, e.g. food, liquids, drop or other; and 3) Have you tried connecting to Wi-Fi in locations other than your house (e.g. coffee hot spot, restaurant, etc.).

But just for starters, 'Reset' the iPad (directions quoted below) and try the Wi-Fi again; if not helpful, 'power recycle' your modem & router (i.e. pull the plug or use the on-off button - wait and re-power); if still not successful, then go into Settings -> Wi-Fi - tap the 'information' circle and 'Forget This Network', then set up your home network again on the device. I'll stop there to see if these initial steps help. Good luck - Dave