What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

troubleshoot the wi-fi on my iPad

landeat87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Three month ago i bought iPad Air on bestshop-usa.com, used it without problems and gave it to my 11-years old daughter. So now my iPad works so slow and something happened with wi-fi connection. I wanted to ask how better troubleshoot the wi-fi on my iPad ?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Three month ago i bought iPad Air on bestshop-usa.com, used it without problems and gave it to my 11-years old daughter. So now my iPad works so slow and something happened with wi-fi connection. I wanted to ask how better troubleshoot the wi-fi on my iPad ?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide some more information: 1) What iOS is installed (newest version is 8.4); 2) Did your daughter damage the iPad, e.g. food, liquids, drop or other; and 3) Have you tried connecting to Wi-Fi in locations other than your house (e.g. coffee hot spot, restaurant, etc.).

But just for starters, 'Reset' the iPad (directions quoted below) and try the Wi-Fi again; if not helpful, 'power recycle' your modem & router (i.e. pull the plug or use the on-off button - wait and re-power); if still not successful, then go into Settings -> Wi-Fi - tap the 'information' circle and 'Forget This Network', then set up your home network again on the device. I'll stop there to see if these initial steps help. Good luck - Dave

When an app (or several) are misbehaving, I usually go through the following steps:

1. Force Close - open the multi-tasking bar (double tap the 'home buttom’) - iOS 7.x/8.x - find the offending app - then press and drag to the top of the screen - return to the home screen & try again.

2. Restart - press & hold the 'Sleep/Awake' (a.k.a. power) button until a red slider appears (may take a few seconds) - move the slider to turn off the iPad; then press & hold the same button until the Apple logo appears - wait for a restart.

3. Reset - press & hold the 'Power' and 'Home' buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears - this may take a longer time, so have patience; the iPad will 're-boot' - NOTE that none of these maneuvers will alter your apps, files, or settings.

Most reactions

Latest posts