What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble Verifying Outlook Account on Ipad 2

horselover

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've read through a dozen threads on this topic but nothing's working for me. I suspect it's a problem on our IT end. Thought someone out there might be able to confirm this so I'll have some ammunition to work with...My IT dept is made up of all PC folks. It's always a struggle...

Here's the deal:
I go through settings, create new mail account, hit exchange. I fill in name, address, host name, user name (domain\username in my case), password, and SMTP.

In advanced settings, I set SSL to "off."

Despite this I still can't access outlook on my ipad. I get hung up during the verifying step.

I'm pretty sure it's the host name that's tripping me up. The url IT gave me links to our company intranet page. But from there you have to enter a "remoteaccess" site and enter your username and password all over again. I tried using the url that I see on my web access app in the "host" setting on the ipad... but that didn't work either.

Anybody else have a similar problem? Any ideas? Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

DM51

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm moving this to the "Help" section for you, and this bump to the top may help get it noticed. FWIW, I have an exchange a/c and did not encounter this problem - setup was very simple in my case.

I hope one of our resident experts will be able to help you with this. :)

criddle777

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am having the same problem. I can get my mail through Outlook on my iPhone, but can not get it to work on my iPad2. What is the solution?

Most reactions

Latest posts