What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble using free books app after upgrading to ios 5

yorky48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help with this please.

Since I upgraded to OIS 5, whenever I go into my Free Books app on my ipad and click on the Library tab I get thrown back to the ipad's home page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jill

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It might be worth completely quitting the app in the multi-task bar. Double click the Home button to open the multi-task bar, then press and hold any icon until they all start to jiggle.

Now touch the upper left hand corner of the app to completely close it.

Now press the Home button again to close the multi-task bar to see if this has fixed the problem.

Tim

OP
Y

yorky48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim,

I'll give it a go and let you know how I get one.

Cheers,

Jill

OP
Y

yorky48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Tim,
tried your suggestion, no improvement I'm afraid. I also reset the ipad and no different. As soon as I click on Library when I have the free books app open I get thrown out back to the ipad home page.

Anymore suggestions please.

Thanks again,
Jill

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yorky48 said:
Hi Tim,
tried your suggestion, no improvement I'm afraid. I also reset the ipad and no different. As soon as I click on Library when I have the free books app open I get thrown out back to the ipad home page.

Anymore suggestions please.

Thanks again,
Jill

When you say free books app, do you mean iBooks or a different app, can you be specific that way if required I can try it out?

The Archangel

OP
Y

yorky48

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Gabriel,

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. Thankfully I have now sorted it out. I went on to the itunes site and went into the app and have now seen that the publishers of 'free books' have now corrected some problem that occured with the upgrade. So I downloaded the app again and this time when I clicked on library, all my books were there and I wasn't thrown out.

Just for your information so you know what app I was talking about, it is called 'Free Books' if you put in www.classicly.com/ipad then the app will come up in itunes.

Thanks again for your time and also to Tim who tried to help me.

Cheers,
Jill

Most reactions

Latest posts