Trouble Syncing ipad to new itunes

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by bernie9, Dec 16, 2012.

1. bernie9

bernie9 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am new to ipad, but was having no problems with the old itunes. Specifically, I need to sync my ipad to share files with Unrealbook and my pc. For the last 6 months my ipad would be immediately recognized, I would sync, go to APPS, down to sharing, and choose my app. Since I downloaded new ver of itunes, the itunes opens on the player, and I don't even see any left side options.

I know my WI-Fi is working as I hear a beep on my ipad and it is set to ON in my settings. I downloaded a copy of itunes to another laptop, but no luck. The only thing that works is to use my old pc with the old version still on there.

Bernie
  2. DefBref

DefBref iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +53 / 0
    Itunes has had a redesign, you just need to learn the new UI. When you plug your ipad in, you should get a button appear at the top right now, press that to get to your ipad setup.
  3. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Yep, once you select the device, the layout is similar to the old iTunes, with the list of categories across the top, there is also an extra one called On the IPad or something like that.
  4. bernie9

bernie9 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you very much guys. This is a great forum, and I am back in business.
  5. Poohlita

Poohlita iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just got my Ipad 2 and I tried to sync itunes and ipad and it would not.... It says it was but I have no music or anything on it. I did pull my apps from Ipad but would not reverse and upload. I tried uninstalling itunes and re-downloaded it, it did not work....tried re starting both computer and ipad. Is there anything else I can do, I really want my music on my ipad
  6. dhewson777

dhewson777 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +89 / 0
    Did you select the music/songs/playlists you wanted to sync under the Music tab when the device was selected? By default, a new device will not have music or videos synced until that option is activated under the relevant tab. The very first check box says Sync Music, after that is where you select all your syncing options and relevant playlists to sync.
  7. Poohlita

Poohlita iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That option never came up.....I pun in the ipad and on the left shown what devices are plugged in and the sync..... It says at top that it is then nothing..... I have tried everything I think....... But who knows....... I am still new when it comes to Apple products....Thanks for help