What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

trouble got me here

bug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm just an old, old man (75) with a love for new technologies. I'd go to bed with my iPad but wife might complain. I spend much time cruising and learning on the 'net, downloading ebooks and reading alot. You can do that when you are retired. Now off I go to find out why suddenly I can not get on the 'net. And I'll be back cuz this site has lots of interesting stuff and news.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
trouble got me here
I did not get you here!

But anyway.... welcome to the forum. So what's this I hear about you not being able to get on the net? Any more details?

j0yful

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You'll sure learn a lot from this site. And if you like a quick answer someone in this forum run a live help chat. Stick around sir!

OP
B

bug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes said there was an upgrade available, I downloaded it and now I can not get on the 'net. I have "renewed lease"; gone to my router and iPad is not listed. On the iPad settings, the router address is not listed nor a domain...is there supposed to be? Is soft reset an option? If yes how?

OP
B

bug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just went to the Apple discussion site. Several have my problem. After upgrading to 3.2.1 (I think that's the number), cannot get on the 'net plus other malfunctions I cannot recall. One was advised to soft reset upon which all apps were lost...of course they can be restored but what a pain.

Anyone on this forum who can help us without reset will get a gold star (that and $1.25 will get u a coffee)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I gotta ask...

Is your WiFi turned on?

wifi.jpg

If it is, do you see the WiFi signal strength indicator in the upper left corner of your screen?

screenshot2.jpg

Let's start with these and go from there.

OP
B

bug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes, just like always...and what your arrow points to.

turn the router off and back on?

turn the modem off and back on?

Last edited:
OP
B

bug

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Review problem. Downloaded 3.2.1. then could not get on 'net. Tried many courses. Went to Apple site: Apple - Support - iPad - Wi-Fi Assistant. Damn if it didn't work. You reset network settings, select your network, and type in the WEP key. I'm outa here. Hope others in same boat find this.

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I once met a guy who told me, "I'm 53. I'm too old to learn anything new."

Most reactions

Latest posts